Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Survey on sharing charging stations at home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all!

My name is Francisco and I work in the automotive industry since I finished my studies. In my first job I was one of the Nissan Leaf quality engineers from the Nissan offices in the UK and this quickly made me interested in the technology, the first problems that users were encountering and the expectations that in different markets the electric car had created. Since then I have been turning to an idea that would put users of these vehicles in contact to offer and share private charging points and even the electric vehicles themselves.

With the idea of taking information from the owners create the following survey (this in English):
Share your power, share your ride

I found your forum and I think it would be a perfect way to try to distribute it. This of course is a personal request and I would appreciate any kind of broadcast or help.

This is my professional profile.

Linkedin.com/in/franciscolumbreras

As an aid in exchange I can offer comments on quality problems that you have experienced with the Nissan Leaf or doubts about the latter!

Thank you all for your time!

Attachments

• 151104130050_1_900x600.jpg
    151104130050_1_900x600.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 79
I think the survey is exploring the commercializing prospect rather than a voluntary/charity PlugShare.com .

Okay. In that case they'd be competing with the voluntary/free PlugShare folks. Not a business model I'd invest in, but I suppose it's good to investigate all ideas for expanding charging opportunities.

I've had my 14-50 and HPWC on plugshare for a year, only one in my neighborhood, never had anyone contact me about it. The only situation I think it'd be used is if a travelling EV driver was visiting friends/family in the neighborhood. Otherwise the hassle factor is too high, when public chargers are available.

I've had my 14-50 and HPWC on plugshare for a year, only one in my neighborhood, never had anyone contact me about it. The only situation I think it'd be used is if a travelling EV driver was visiting friends/family in the neighborhood. Otherwise the hassle factor is too high, when public chargers are available.
That's a good sign, when you think about it. With the commercial charging infrastructure rapidly improving, the ad-hoc one we put together is no longer needed. We're no longer traveling on shoe strings and bailing wire.

Hi all,
Thanks a lot for the comments, I know this is not innovative but I just want to gather information as to how the users of electric vehicles are embracing the new concepts of transportation because we I am most interested in is fleet optimisation but I need to see how much EV drivers see their vehicles as a personal asset or a better environmentally firendly transport alternative. I will make a note on the feedback and continue working on ideas to improve the " range anxiety", if there is such on the market!

btw: Do you ever experience range anxiety with a Tesla?

I will bring the results when I reach a bigger collective as I promised!

Best regards,
Francisco

... Do you ever experience range anxiety with a Tesla?

Never. With 245 miles of range (or about 188 miles when charged in standard mode) I've never even used half my range. However, the absence of superchargers on the secondary roads between Spokane and Revelstoke or Golden, B.C., means I have to drive the stinker on my annual road trip up to B.C. for hiking, since I'm unwilling to turn a 6-hour drive into a 10-hour drive with a charging stop at 8.8 kW.

Even with the old Zap Xebra I never experienced range anxiety. When it was new I tested it for range, and planned my trips accordingly, driving the stinker on those very rare occasions when I had to drive farther than the Xebra's 40-mile range.