TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Suspension Creak

Discussion in 'Model S' started by BHCLUC, Jan 28, 2019.

1. BHCLUC

BHCLUC Member

I've searched around, and I see a number of treads about rattling suspension, but I can't seem to locate anything similar to my issue. From the audio I have heard thus far, it seems like my issue might be different.

I have a Dec 2017 75D with air suspension. Since November, I have been experiencing serious creaking / groaning from the front suspension over bumps. Bumps in the road, speed bumps, driveways etc etc. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've taken it in for service twice. The solution they attempted the first time was torquing all bolts to spec. I brought it in last week, and the service notes indicate they did essentially the same thing this time. I'll be picking it up tomorrow, but I anticipate that this did not resolve the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this? What was the solution?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/y1MXPdgJo7dwmEGW8
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/tPWCy2B9QTbFfgKJA

2. daktari

daktari Member

Worn or dry bushings maybe?

3. BHCLUC

BHCLUC Member

That was the first techs diagnosis. But after the vehicle was returned, the bushings had not been changed.

4. _igu_

_igu_ New Member

Did you ever solve this issue? I have the exact same and last time SC told me it was a strange sound but not outside "normal spectrum of sounds", so they won't try and fix.

5. BHCLUC

BHCLUC Member

Yes, this was fixed. Here is the service invoice:

upload_2019-6-27_13-51-11.png