Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LukeT

Apr 9, 2019
UK
Just the musings of a new owner...

On S & X we have 4 height settings and sport vs comfort.

A few things strike me after a couple of thousand miles:

I encounter quite a lot of slow rough roads and cross the odd field. The high and very high settings don't seem to be softer, just higher. I'd have though the point would be to also ease off the spring rate when increasing the travel so that the kind of bumps that necessitate the extra ground clearance are dealt with comfortably. Given that the suspension lowers again once you hit a pretty modest speed anyway, so we're talking very slow driving here
really, I think a big compromise in handling could be accommodated. When up high it would take a hell of a hit to use all that travel as it is set up at the moment. Can we have an "old volvo on stilts" setting please, Elon?

For normal driving at motorway and A road speeds I'm starting to think the sport setting in my Raven may actually be more comfortable than standard. Which seems weird to me. I tried it the other day on a single carriageway road crossing of the Cotswolds (roads not straight or particularly smooth) then 2 hours of motorway. It seems that little bit more solid/planted without any extra roughness (sorry - I don't know how to describe this stuff).

Anyone else think similarly?