Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swap Navigation on the HUD from left to right side

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is is possible to swap the navigation on the driver HUD from the left side to the right side? (Model S 2013)
I drive with my left hand on the top of wheel and it blocks the street level view of the navigation, so I have to change how I drive to see where Im going or I have to look over at the main display which I keep zoomed out

Is is possible to swap the navigation on the driver HUD from the left side to the right side? (Model S 2013)
I drive with my left hand on the top of wheel and it blocks the street level view of the navigation, so I have to change how I drive to see where Im going or I have to look over at the main display which I keep zoomed out
Just hold in the right scroll wheel and you can select what will show up on the right side. Scroll to Navigation and select it and it will be on the right going forward.

• Informative
Reactions: Sorabh and outdoors
Hm, when I first got my CPO 2015 Model S about two weeks ago, I tried this but I only saw the "Nav" option on the left side, not the right. I'll have to check it out again! Everything else was an option for either side though.

Hm, when I first got my CPO 2015 Model S about two weeks ago, I tried this but I only saw the "Nav" option on the left side, not the right. I'll have to check it out again! Everything else was an option for either side though.
Wow. I just went and confirmed you are correct! That's quirky that they only allow it on one side.

Sorry for the misinformation. o_O

OP, you really mean IC (i.e. "Instrument Cluster") not HUD. You probably gave the "Model S refresh imminent" people a heart attack by mentioning a HUD in the thread title. :)

Yeah, the navigation can only appear on the left side and I believe that phone can only appear on the right side.

I usually switch between Trips or Status on the left side, and put Energy on the right side. (I miss having the power meter from the old 6.2 speedometer, and the only place you can get it on the IC now is part of Energy...so this lets me have the power meter almost all of the time I'm driving, except during a phone call, which is pretty rare for me.)

Bruce.

Reactions: KyleDay
I drive with my left hand on the top of wheel...
THAT is your real problem. You hand should never be at the top of the wheel - no matter how "cool" it is, or what it allows you to do with the other hand. ;)

If you'd ever have to evade an obstacle, you may be able to veer into one direction, but then you'd lose control over your car. Not good.

Learned that is safety driving training may years ago...

Reactions: KyleDay