Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swap new 18s + $$ for 19s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MJP.P3D-

Supporting Member
Apr 18, 2016
Texas
Just picked up a P3D- over the weekend that came with 18s. I wanted the 19s but there weren’t any cars available with them so I “settled”. Is anyone interested in swapping new/near-new, excellent condition 19s for my 18s plus cash? Thanks.

I recently did this upgrade to my P3D- (you can only get P3D- with Aero's).

$330 per wheel from Tesla.
$200 per tire (Pirelli P7+ is way more efficient, way longer tread life, quieter, have a rim saver and no foam to deal with). Less dry and wet braking though (but not much).
$50 per TPMS (TireRack).
$25 per wheel mount and balance
$15 per wheel center cap

Sold Aero's for $1100.00

Total $2360 (spanking new, better tires than OEM IMHO) - $1100 = Net $1260 to switch.

Oh, and my 19" get exactly the same efficiency as my Aero's did (with covers).

@640k – if I were to simply sell the set outright (no swap) I would do so in its entirety (wheels, aero covers, tires, TPMS) and need $1200 minimum thus I think the better outcome for both parties is a swap plus cash.

Bump!

My brand new 18s including covers, tires and TPMS plus $1100 (!!) for your new/near-new, excellent condition 19s etc — let’s do this!

Thanks all — please let me know if interested.

yea using the wheels as winters was an idea too, somehow its only slightly more depending on the wheels to buy them with tires vs tires alone. go figure. i do think it may have been nice to have the option for aero covers still. oh well, looking forward to winter so i can mount my new wheels :p

I recently did this upgrade to my P3D- (you can only get P3D- with Aero's).

$330 per wheel from Tesla.
$200 per tire (Pirelli P7+ is way more efficient, way longer tread life, quieter, have a rim saver and no foam to deal with). Less dry and wet braking though (but not much).
$50 per TPMS (TireRack).
$25 per wheel mount and balance
$15 per wheel center cap

Sold Aero's for $1100.00

Total $2360 (spanking new, better tires than OEM IMHO) - $1100 = Net $1260 to switch.

Oh, and my 19" get exactly the same efficiency as my Aero's did (with covers).

FALSE I have seen a few people that got the pd3- with 19s. I was not that lucky though I have the 18s as well.

Those might be very few and far between and a SC might do something like that near end of quarter. It's way out of the norm.
I would have done it but couldn't.
The P3D- cars that were available near me Tesla sent links for all had 18" aeros. The gentleman told me that they all were being made with the aero wheels. 4 out of the 5 cars I checked are gone.

I was originally offered a P3D- with 19s but didn't act fast enough and lost it. I really liked the look, though, so now I'm on this adventure of trying to swap out my 18s plus some cabbage for some 19s.

Current Scenarios being proposed:

1) SWAP -- Swap my new 18s plus $1100 for your new/near-new, excellent condition 19s?
2) SELL -- Sell my new 18s outright for $1000?

....any takers?

Thanks all.