TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Swap Next Gen Seats for Performance

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by MDR SEA, Aug 31, 2017.

1. MDR SEA

MDR SEA 2015 Model S 85D...& loving it!

I have a 2015 85D with tan Next Gen seats that cause me pain.
    I'm looking to swap with the older Performance seats.
    Let me know if you're interested.
    Thanks
    MDR

2. rocketshipp85

rocketshipp85 Member

I'll do this trade, pm me. I have the tan tesla performance seats. I think the seats should just slide in the same way correct?

3. KManS

KManS Member

I might be interested in this as well, I have the tan leather and alcantara with grey piping performance seats but I usually like the bolsters on the Next Gen seats better. Do you know if all the electronics match up between the seats such as seat heaters, etc? Feel free to PM me as well.

4. mcbarnet007

mcbarnet007 Member

How is it causing you pain? I've never sat long term in the Next Gen before but they look very comfy.

5. Zextraterrestrial

I think the next gen are quite a bit more comfy for really short trips(and would be nicer for racing) but I did find that after 2+ hrs they were worse than the classic performance seats. I seemed to have some (very minor) hip / lower back pain that went away pretty quick.
    not sure about the electrics for the swap either? I think @wk057 did a seat swap a while back on the classic 'yellow' P90 with the AP1 retrofit

6. rocketshipp85

rocketshipp85 Member

I think he did from tesla, for performance seats to next gen seats.

7. MDR SEA

MDR SEA 2015 Model S 85D...& loving it!

Upper back pain. I'm 6' and have wide shoulders. I'm using an Obus Forme back support.
    Feels good but looks....not in a $100K car...
    Tesla service has been no help.

8. mcbarnet007

mcbarnet007 Member

I see, my p85d came with old performance seat and I've been wanting to swap it out but I am in the Bay Area. Where are you located? I don't think it's hard to find someone to swap out the seat.

9. ZoomFPV

ZoomFPV Member

I have the same problem. I am 6'3 with wide shoulders and I can never get comfortable with my next gen seats. For that reason I never take the Tesla on long drives. Its torture when I sit over 2 hours. However, I have a Subaru Impreza which I can drive for 8 hours with no back pain

10. KManS

KManS Member

Can you post some pics of your seats please?

11. Kato

Kato Member

I have black with red piping performance seats (and Alcantara inserts) and I prefer the next gen seats. I'm in SoCal if interested.

12. Kato

Kato Member

I have black with red piping performance seats (and Alcantara inserts) and I prefer the next gen seats. I'm in SoCal if interested.

13. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

I'm not positive but I thought that someone mentioned that you have to have the car reprogrammed to know what seat/airbag setup is in the car. (And I don't know how willing Tesla is to do that.)