Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swap Next Gen Seats for Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I might be interested in this as well, I have the tan leather and alcantara with grey piping performance seats but I usually like the bolsters on the Next Gen seats better. Do you know if all the electronics match up between the seats such as seat heaters, etc? Feel free to PM me as well.

I think the next gen are quite a bit more comfy for really short trips(and would be nicer for racing) but I did find that after 2+ hrs they were worse than the classic performance seats. I seemed to have some (very minor) hip / lower back pain that went away pretty quick.
not sure about the electrics for the swap either? I think @wk057 did a seat swap a while back on the classic 'yellow' P90 with the AP1 retrofit

I think the next gen are quite a bit more comfy for really short trips(and would be nicer for racing) but I did find that after 2+ hrs they were worse than the classic performance seats. I seemed to have some (very minor) hip / lower back pain that went away pretty quick.
not sure about the electrics for the swap either? I think @wk057 did a seat swap a while back on the classic 'yellow' P90 with the AP1 retrofit
I think he did from tesla, for performance seats to next gen seats.

I have the same problem. I am 6'3 with wide shoulders and I can never get comfortable with my next gen seats. For that reason I never take the Tesla on long drives. Its torture when I sit over 2 hours. However, I have a Subaru Impreza which I can drive for 8 hours with no back pain

I have the same problem. I am 6'3 with wide shoulders and I can never get comfortable with my next gen seats. For that reason I never take the Tesla on long drives. Its torture when I sit over 2 hours. However, I have a Subaru Impreza which I can drive for 8 hours with no back pain

I have black with red piping performance seats (and Alcantara inserts) and I prefer the next gen seats. I'm in SoCal if interested.