Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swap Referral Links

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone ordering this weekend interested in swapping referral links for the free supercharger miles?

I will DM you mine and once you get your link DM me yours and I will use it (Only the first person obviously)

DM me if interested.

Question: Can you refer yourself if you completely new to tesla? I dont know.

I have tesla / solar city solar system on my house a couple of years before I bought my model 3, so I already had a referral code in my account from myself (and yes I self referred myself). Are any of you who say "I self referred" people who had no tesla products at all first?

Im genuinely curious if they will allow you to self refer yourself by adding your own referral code to an order you placed, when you have / had no other tesla products previously. They seem to have waffled back and forth on even adding referral codes after the fact. Earlier this year they were telling people "no you cant add them after the fact", and recently people have reported getting tesla to add them after the fact pretty easily.

You get 1,000 miles on each car.

I don’t currently have any Tesla product.

I have tesla / solar city solar system on my house a couple of years before I bought my model 3, so I already had a referral code in my account from myself (and yes I self referred myself). Are any of you who say "I self referred" people who had no tesla products at all first?

Im genuinely curious if they will allow you to self refer yourself by adding your own referral code to an order you placed, when you have / had no other tesla products previously. They seem to have waffled back and forth on even adding referral codes after the fact. Earlier this year they were telling people "no you cant add them after the fact", and recently people have reported getting tesla to add them after the fact pretty easily.

I agree. At best they would give me a 1,000 miles referring myself. If I swap links with someone else we both get 2,000. That seems like a win/win to me.

Right, makes sense. But that implies OP has already ordered their car, so how are they going to use someone else’s referral code?

Ask tesla to add a referral code they "forgot" to their order, most likely. As I mentioned, in the past couple of months people report having good luck with that, where earlier in the year Tesla was telling everyone "Im sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"....:D

Ask tesla to add a referral code they "forgot" to their order, most likely. As I mentioned, in the past couple of months people report having good luck with that, where earlier in the year Tesla was telling everyone "Im sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"....:D
Now I think I understand. :)

My impression was the same as yours, the answer has always been a hard “no” on adding referral codes after the fact. Glad to hear that might have changed.

I own solar that was activated prior to ordering my M3 and self referred myself and the result is that I received 2,000 Miles.