Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swapping white dash for wood dash. Anyone interested?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a dual motor LR TM3 ordered with white interior that should be here (Palm Springs, CA) by November 2018. I love the wood dash that comes with the black interior and am wondering if any black interior owners would be willing to make the swap with me for my white one at no cost to you. I would find someone in the area that has the ability to do this (I've seen the i1Tesla video on YouTube where he removes his dash in order to stain it, but don't want you or I to be the one actually doing it, lest we damage either of our dashes).

Anyway, my car won't be here for awhile and maybe by then there will be a wrap that interests me more than doing this swap, but for now, I'm just curious if there are any potential takers in this general vicinity. Thanks.

I'm curious about the material/process so I'll be following this thread.

My plan is to replace the white trim piece with something else. I'm not sold on wood, but maybe some kind of carbon fiber look? Or maybe a type of piano black.

I'm hoping third party solutions will have something.

I have a dual motor LR TM3 ordered with white interior that should be here (Palm Springs, CA) by November 2018. I love the wood dash that comes with the black interior and am wondering if any black interior owners would be willing to make the swap with me for my white one at no cost to you. I would find someone in the area that has the ability to do this (I've seen the i1Tesla video on YouTube where he removes his dash in order to stain it, but don't want you or I to be the one actually doing it, lest we damage either of our dashes).

Anyway, my car won't be here for awhile and maybe by then there will be a wrap that interests me more than doing this swap, but for now, I'm just curious if there are any potential takers in this general vicinity. Thanks.

I'll do a swap today/tomorrow if you're interested! I'm from Orange County so I'd have no problem.

Update** Sorry I didn't realize you said November. I'm 200% interested! haha.

Last edited:
Are these swaps still going on? I recently tinted my white interior 3 and the white dash is reflected in the window right where my side view mirror is, which makes it very difficult to see traffic behind me. I feel like a darker material would reflect less light off of the dash.