Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sydney body shop to repair scratch following keying

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to everyone for their replies.

For the benefit of Sydney owners who find this thread, I got the Model X fixed at Quest Collision Centre in Asquith. The contact there was Ash. They did it for $1,000 cash. It took 7 calendar days and I am very happy with the result (you cannot see any paint differences at all). Ash told me they didn't remove the passenger door at all, but masking taped the fittings when respraying. They even buffed out some other minor scratches. So much for the $5,000 quote I got from a Tesla approved smash repairer!

Quest is a fairly big operation. It was recommended by a friend who was also very happy (he had a $400 repair done on a Mazda 2 bumper, including a light being replaced). In the Quest customer lounge area it has a big elevanted window to see what's happening down on the shop floor. They have 3 painting booths etc. For quality resprays I'll happily take it back there again.

Hope this helps any of you unlucky enough to need a respray.
Good info, thanks. Pity about their physical location, though. I suppose, in truth, no worse than the Tesla shop at Clyde.

Do they do dents/hail as well, or just paint/scuffs?

They're a fully-accredited panel beater / body shop and most of their work is from the insurance companies, so they are technically able to do any kind of body repair work. Having said that, I'd personally draw the line if it requires aluminum welding. If it's that serious, you're in insurance claim territory anyway and should require an accredited Tesla body shop to do the work (it's the same excess to you regardless). Quest are definitely worth a look for anything where you wouldn't be making a claim (eg resprays, minor dents etc).

I'd also add that I found Ash from Quest a decent, down-to-earth guy. By way of contrast I had a very unpleasant, pushy, arrogant vibe from the Tesla accredited body shop manager.

They're a fully-accredited panel beater / body shop and most of their work is from the insurance companies, so they are technically able to do any kind of body repair work. Having said that, I'd personally draw the line if it requires aluminum welding. If it's that serious, you're in insurance claim territory anyway and should require an accredited Tesla body shop to do the work (it's the same excess to you regardless). Quest are definitely worth a look for anything where you wouldn't be making a claim (eg resprays, minor dents etc).

I'd also add that I found Ash from Quest a decent, down-to-earth guy. By way of contrast I had a very unpleasant, pushy, arrogant vibe from the Tesla accredited body shop manager.
I've got 3 or 4 little hail dents, and a trolley hit a door making a straight dent with a bit of paint off (the swine!). I might give them a call and get a quote.

I've got 3 or 4 little hail dents, and a trolley hit a door making a straight dent with a bit of paint off (the swine!). I might give them a call and get a quote.

Be interested to hear how you go. My electrician took a look at the Model X this morning in full light and couldn't find the paint blending, even when I showed him precisely where they did the work. I'm very happy with how well they did.

I don't see that an accredited Tesla body shop gives you anything. When mine needed some Aluminum welding the local bloke just rang Tesla for any special procedures then did it.
I believe certain parts are only supplied to accredited shops. Not sure which ones though. For stock standard actual panelbeating (which few if any actually do anymore),you are probably correct.