Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sync driver/passenger temperature?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, this was it. Works just fine with anything except the rearview camera at the bottom half. That is my default setup, but amazing that I must never have adjusted the temp except when I had the camera there. Thanks, GeekGirls!

You're most welcome! I'm glad I could help.

Wow, observant pickup...kudos, I bow to your Tesla-Fu skills.

:redface: Mark it down to spending rather a lot of time in the software industry. Debugging unexpected behaviour is a skill that comes in handy each and every day.

FYI... Never saw this thread and I was unknowingly having the same problem. I had also unknowingly found a workaround. If you want to sync the temps WITH the camera in the lower screen, open up the climate controls menu first. Then the sync button will appear when you press on the temperature.

it probably doesn't save any steps as opposed to temporarily swapping top and bottom screens with the swap button, but it is another option.

Anyone found a way to keep the temps synced when using the steering wheel control? Around here it is currently cold enough that I need the heater in the morning, and warm enough for AC in the afternoon. I want to set different temps on the climate control and the steering wheel control would be convenient. But it only changes the driver's side, I want to change both.

Anyone found a way to keep the temps synced when using the steering wheel control? Around here it is currently cold enough that I need the heater in the morning, and warm enough for AC in the afternoon. I want to set different temps on the climate control and the steering wheel control would be convenient. But it only changes the driver's side, I want to change both.

Whether I change the temperature using the touchscreen or the steering wheel, the behavior is always the same: the temps change separately or together based on whether or not the "sync" button is selected. Have you selected the "sync" option?

Change temps on the touchscreen. When the numbers display pops up and starts changing, you should see right next to it a "sync" button. Make sure it's selected (blue) and both temps should then change together, regardless of which control you use to do so. And please let us know if it's not working for you, or you don't see the button, or whatever else.