Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

System Just Stopped Working - Tesla's escalation super slow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing, or has experienced this? I woke up on Oct. 14th to find my less than one year old system (10.4kw/1 PW+/2PW) was offline according to the App. Per Tesla Energy's instructions I preformed a reset of the system through the Gateway 2 and was able to get the system back online, but strangely, it's not producing any solar energy and hasn't for 2 weeks - just stays in standby mode. I've been elevated to level 2 tech support which I'm told will take 3-4 weeks just to be reviewed and getting a response. Oddly, I'm not getting any blinking lights on the side of my PW+ that would normally indicate a hardware failure (I'm on my third inverter - I KNOW THE SLOW PAINFUL BLINK :)). I read in another thread that Tesla had been pushing out an OTA firmware update on or about this time. I was wondering if anyone else was sitting on a bricked system.... possibly due to the update?

thanks in advance,

Installers in California have a legal-requirement to provide reasonable warranty service and to have service centers available. They are supposed to complete warranty repair within 30 days; with provisions for unforeseen circumstances.

If Tesla causes you to suffer damage by extending repair/service beyond the 30 days, you could attempt to recover damages... although that could require you to speak with a lawyer.

If Tesla's turnaround time extends past 30 days, You can also submit a claim against Tesla's California license (the License number will be on your contract). The supporting material you can attach to your claim with the license board is that Tesla is willfully violating 1793.2 by slow-rolling warranty commitments. Since Tesla continues to install new systems, it would be difficult for them to say that unforeseen circumstances (such as a supply chain issue or COVID) are preventing them from honoring their warranty in a timely manner.

Tesla Energy customers who experience lengthy service delays could also file reports with their local attorney general office. If this is Tesla's standard policy to force a 4-week wait to triage then another few weeks to repair, it would violate California Civil Code Section 1793.2.

I wonder if the mods can just sticky this link haha.

Law section
"service and repair shall be commenced within a reasonable time by the manufacturer or its representative in this state. Unless the buyer agrees in writing to the contrary, the goods shall be serviced or repaired so as to conform to the applicable warranties within 30 days."

Mandatory disclaimer... I am not a lawyer and I have an infatuation with bollards and blade disconnects.

Thank you very much for the feedback and suggestions. I've been really hesitant to involve attorneys as that tends to overly complicate matters, but it just may be the point that I'm at. My system was installed in September 2021... the whole process from deposit to PTO was a debacle. I'm on my third inverter (probably about to be on my fourth) and I cannot recommend enough that people stay away from this company. When it functions its amazing, but in the 12 months I've had it, its been down nearly 3 of them (albeit 2.5 were pre-PTO which probably doesn't count). I think we're starting to encroach on CA lemon laws, but let's see how this one plays out. Its funny because my contract states that if I have issues, I'm to request arbitration through Tesla's Resolutions/Legal Department. I have emailed Tesla Resolutions twice concerning two separate incidents (ever seen actual water in your inverter?) and have never heard a word back from them. The whole company is like a black hole.

Thanks again.

Reactions: DeepFrz