Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline 18 inch turbines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered T-Sportline 18" Brilliant Silver on Sept,13, M3 delivered Sept 24, Installed Sept 29 View attachment 343224 View attachment 343225

Hi!
Hello from Spain, Model 3 have just arrived to Europe, hope to have mine soon. I just ordered a red Model 3, and I'm thinking on upgrading default Aero wheels to TST 18".
I saw your 2 pictures of red M3 with TST 18. Could you please do some more photos from diferrent angles and post them?
Thank you!!

Hi!
Hello from Spain, Model 3 have just arrived to Europe, hope to have mine soon. I just ordered a red Model 3, and I'm thinking on upgrading default Aero wheels to TST 18".
I saw your 2 pictures of red M3 with TST 18. Could you please do some more photos from diferrent angles and post them?
Thank you!!

Red Multi-Coat Model 3 with Brilliant Silver 18" TSTs

red-multi-coat-tesla-model-3-18-inch-turbine-wheels-tst-flow-forged-brilliant-silver-wm-1.jpg
red-multi-coat-tesla-model-3-18-inch-turbine-wheels-tst-flow-forged-brilliant-silver-wm-2.jpg
red-multi-coat-tesla-model-3-18-inch-turbine-wheels-tst-flow-forged-brilliant-silver-wm-3.jpg
red-multi-coat-tesla-model-3-18-inch-turbine-wheels-tst-flow-forged-brilliant-silver-wm-4.jpg

Thanks Thelocnar. The 18" TST wheels are load rated to 750 kg each. If you multiply by 4 it is 3.000 kg which is far more the car's weight.
But a question is when you're taking turns strong with the car. If you push hard to a left turn and reducing then all the vehicle's load go to the front right wheel. Could this load exceed the rated load for the wheels?
I've tried to find the original Tesla's wheels rated load but I didn't find this information

I am on verge of booking Model 3 AWD. Still torn between 18 inch or 19 inch wheels - I hate the 18's but have been reading reports of significantly diminished range in 19"s (around 10% lower on average)

I have really been liking the silver 18 inch turbines and wanted to check effect on range.

@Tsportline Do you guys have any data round how these wheels impact the range versus the standard wheels with aero caps off (said to be around 300 miles in normal driving conditions)?

Also, how about the 19" flow forged wheels? how do they compare?

@ICE2EVGuy Most of the range reduction is due to the choice of tire rather than the wheel itself. The spotier/grippy the tier the most range loss there is. The stock 18" tire MXM4 is an eco-focused performance all season tire. The 19" is a touring all season, and the 20" is a Ultra High Performance summer tire.

It will be also very interesting if you could post feedback about the TST 18" driving sensations. Smooth driving? Efficiency similar to aeros? Any issue?

I love my TST 18" rims with stock tires. I run the stock rims with Michelin Xi-3 X ice tires in the winter with them. My speeds, hills, wind, snow, vary too much to know about efficiency. The clips on the Aeros scratch the stock rims. The TST ride smooth and handle well, with a great look, I'm completely satisfied with them!!

Attachments

• 20181213_085649.jpg
    20181213_085649.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 95