Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline Carbon Fiber Dash Panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the difference if you do it right? I bought the AO CF wrap for the dash, but haven't had a chance to install it (hopefully this weekend if I have time).

I installed the AO CF console wrap and it looks fantastic. From the install video, the dash also looked great, so assuming I can get it done right, should look great as well.

Will post pics when done.

I can't see spending an extra $650 is the look is the same.
Then don't.
It's not the same. If that needs to be explained to you then I don't know what else to say. This thread is about getting input from those that have purchased this piece.

Well if you're serious. One's a decal the other is a composite material. They don't look the same or feel the same. I've had custom CF parts on my high performance cars and it's they are expensive to make in low volume and most are hand laid. Stop by a Porsche or McLaren dealer and look at the CF parts on them and see if they look like the wraps you linked to earlier. I had this piece on my GT350.

Carbon 2 Carbon

20545419_1515265298511860_1873632152255758266_o.jpg

Well if you're serious. One's a decal the other is a composite material. They don't look the same or feel the same. I've had custom CF parts on my high performance cars and it's they are expensive to make in low volume and most are hand laid. Stop by a Porsche or McLaren dealer and look at the CF parts on them and see if they look like the wraps you linked to earlier. I had this piece on my GT350.

Carbon 2 Carbon

View attachment 356195
Yes, I'm serious. Thank you for the additional color. I didn't realize there would be a significant difference. Thanks. I certainly don't mind spending the money for a quality product that is that much better. Apologies for hijacking, I didn't think there would be that much of a difference, but apparently I'm wrong. I don't know anything about the wraps - other than what I put on my console.

Mine just arrived and was well packaged. It has very clean edges on it and I expect it to be undetectable that it's an add on piece. I don't think I'll get it installed tonight so we'll have to wait until Wednesday evening.

Ooooooooooooooooh

View attachment 355885

;) Only the best for our customers!... That includes the packaging!

Edit: We highly recommend to test fit the part first so you have an idea of how snug the fitment will be.

Last edited:
Was it you I just talked to on the phone? An install video would be helpful and since you don't have one we can use the one below.

After talking to TSportline on the phone I determined you need to remove the two hard end pieces. The video below shows you how to remove them. It was recommended that you start with the front edge of the dash cover and roll it backwards as you press it in place. With the ends removed it drops right into place.

Installation Instructions:
1. Unpack your dash cover and inspect for damage.
2. Watch the video below and remove the two small gray plastic end pieces on either side of the dash. They will need a good pop to get them out and it's highly unlikely that they will break. You do not need to remove the two larger D shaped softer pieces you see in the video and like I did.
3. Test fit the CF dash cover and make sure it fits properly
4. Remove the VHB (very high bond) adhesive covers
5. Start by placing the dash piece at the front of the wood piece and make sure all wood is covered.
6. Then roll it backwards so the dash cover is making full contact with the wood.
7. Once the entire piece is in place press up and down the entire piece to ensure the adhesive is making full contact. I used a microfiber towel to press on so I didn't scratch the dash cover.
8. Pop the two gray plastic back into place. They will need a good strike with the butt of your hand to get them back into place.

I'm not affiliated with TSportline or RPM Tesla but here's my opinion on this dash cover.

I think it's a very high quality piece and the fitment is excellent. I've purchased expensive CF pieces in the past and this piece is as good as any of them. It took me 15 minutes to install and that was looking up the video (which I had watched previously when researching which dash cover to buy) and is a simple install for anyone with modest mechanical skills. It's really very easy. I'm not sure why you would bother with buying a piece that involves shipping yours off as this piece looks great and is super easy to install. Let me know if you have any questions.

Start at 1:48

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 5.50.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 5.50.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 5.50.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 5.50.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 5.50.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 5.49.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 5.49.33 PM.png

Yes, I'm serious. Thank you for the additional color. I didn't realize there would be a significant difference. Thanks. I certainly don't mind spending the money for a quality product that is that much better. Apologies for hijacking, I didn't think there would be that much of a difference, but apparently I'm wrong. I don't know anything about the wraps - other than what I put on my console.

Let me add my 2cents into this. I too hate the wood and did a lot of research on covering it with a wrap. I found out that the wood grain is so profound that the wrap would just not be smooth and it would be blatantly obvious/bad in sunlight. Given it's the one piece that's front and center at your eyes, I decided to take the plunge on the TSportsline version (haven't installed yet). Don't get me wrong, if it wasn't for the BF deal, I wouldn't have ordered it.

To each their own. The wrap is cheap. The difficulty comes in installing it cleanly around the edges. Go for it. You won't know unless you try and maybe it's fine for your needs.

Reactions: Carrera
Amazing. Mine comes in today so will be installing soon.

I notice you're either running clear wrap or no wrap on your console - ballsy!!
Good luck with your install. Nothing on the console. It's my wife's car and I may still add clear wrap to the console. Our 2013 Ford Fusion Ti has a very similar high gloss black plastic console and while it gets dirty easily it hasn't gotten scratched up over the almost 6 years we've owned it.

So no good news for me. For whatever reason, the way the panel is constructed, my right side keeps lifting because the panel's top right corner and the small dash cap have almost no space. See picture.

And to boot, I ended up nicking my left cap trying to get it off. 2 small nicks. I'm pretty anal so thinking about replacing it. Anyone have any idea part no. or where I can get one?

Attachments

• 12-1-2018 11-36-01 AM.png
    12-1-2018 11-36-01 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 214
  • 12-1-2018 11-35-36 AM.png
    12-1-2018 11-35-36 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 216

Carbon 2 Carbon

View attachment 356195

Let me add my 2cents into this. I too hate the wood and did a lot of research on covering it with a wrap. I found out that the wood grain is so profound that the wrap would just not be smooth and it would be blatantly obvious/bad in sunlight. Given it's the one piece that's front and center at your eyes, I decided to take the plunge on the TSportsline version (haven't installed yet). Don't get me wrong, if it wasn't for the BF deal, I wouldn't have ordered it.

To each their own. The wrap is cheap. The difficulty comes in installing it cleanly around the edges. Go for it. You won't know unless you try and maybe it's fine for your needs.

Ok, now I get it. Just installed the dash wrap and you guys are right, it definitely doesn’t look as good as the TSportline version. Also, as mentioned, it was tough getting a clean install on the edges.

Not the look I’m going for. I took it off and will be going with the TSportline.

What's the difference if you do it right? I bought the AO CF wrap for the dash, but haven't had a chance to install it (hopefully this weekend if I have time).

One is actual carbon fiber and the other is a sticker. Pretty big difference.

To be honest i dont even want a "cap" that covers the wood, i want to REMOVE the wood and replace it with a full carbon element. Stickers are dumb.

Reactions: Carrera
So no good news for me. For whatever reason, the way the panel is constructed, my right side keeps lifting because the panel's top right corner and the small dash cap have almost no space. See picture.

And to boot, I ended up nicking my left cap trying to get it off. 2 small nicks. I'm pretty anal so thinking about replacing it. Anyone have any idea part no. or where I can get one?

@netjack,

Are you returning it for a refund or getting a replacement from TSportline? How are they rectifying this? What’s their response?

Ski

Ok so I called them and they basically didn't tell me anything I didn't know. They said I should take it to an installer. I tried again and somehow got it to work. Also realized you don't have to take any of the end caps off. I wish I had known so I wouldn't have damaged the left cap trying to get it off :(