Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline vs. Axis wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jschwefel

Tesla fan/TSLA, Model Y and Cybertruck owner.
Apr 30, 2016
Indy or FL
I'm interested in your opinions / experience with either of these. I'd like to purchase a set of 20" turbine-style wheels and both of these brands look really nice. One is half the price of the other, but otherwise, they seem fairly comparable. Is there anything else that differentiates them?

i dont have neither but can tell you both are cast wheels so they arent any stronger than the OEM ones. the T sportline look more like the original design.

but if you're looking for OEM look.. why not just pick up a used oem set, it'll be cheaper and you get the real deal

Sorry, I should have said that I have a set of the OEM 21" turbines on the Model S already. I LOVE the look, but the only tire options are for summer driving. I'd like to get a set of 20" turbine wheels to (1) maintain the look, (2) provide more tolerance to rough roads, pot holes, etc. and (3) have some all season tires for winter driving. I have a set of 19" OEM classic style too (i.e. non cyclones), but I really prefer the turbines and larger wheel size. The 20" wheel seems to be a good compromise.

I run the 20" Axis wheels with Michelin Super Sports in a square 9" configuration on my P85. Highly recommended. The Axis wheels road forced balanced well. The finish is 9/10 in quality. The owner of Axis drives a Tesla. These turbines are made specifically for the model S. (I have no financial interest in Axis.)

I picked up the Axis wheels in gunmetal a little over a month ago. They're more of a color match with Midnight Silver paint rather than a dark gray like the factory turbines. The design as mentioned is also a bit different from the turbines.

I would've preferred T Sportline's 20" turbine since the color and design seems to be an exact Tesla match. But $2,000+ for cast wheels is bullshit, and they're taking advantage of the fact that Tesla owners can typically afford overpriced things - Tesla's price for 21" turbines as a factory option is also a complete rip-off at $4,500. For that reason I am happy I went with Axis who provides a great product at a reasonable price.

Reactions: Swift
Agree on the T Sportline wheels at $2k. Ridiculously overpriced. Did you go with the 21s? I contacted Axis about 20” turbines in gunmetal and they said they have no plans to produce them.

What did you end up going with?
I’m still undecided, but heavily leaning toward the Axis wheels. They look great and seem to be an awesome value. Tire Rack has them on sale currently; however, I’d have to go with a staggered setup (20” wheels) due to limited quantities. While I don’t mind the staggered setup, I haven’t been able to find all season tires to pair the wheels with.:(