TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

T Sportline vs. Axis wheels

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jschwefel, Jul 23, 2017.

1. jschwefel

jschwefel VIN#1249

I'm interested in your opinions / experience with either of these. I'd like to purchase a set of 20" turbine-style wheels and both of these brands look really nice. One is half the price of the other, but otherwise, they seem fairly comparable. Is there anything else that differentiates them?

2. kev1n

kev1n Member

i dont have neither but can tell you both are cast wheels so they arent any stronger than the OEM ones. the T sportline look more like the original design.

but if you're looking for OEM look.. why not just pick up a used oem set, it'll be cheaper and you get the real deal

3. jschwefel

jschwefel VIN#1249

Sorry, I should have said that I have a set of the OEM 21" turbines on the Model S already. I LOVE the look, but the only tire options are for summer driving. I'd like to get a set of 20" turbine wheels to (1) maintain the look, (2) provide more tolerance to rough roads, pot holes, etc. and (3) have some all season tires for winter driving. I have a set of 19" OEM classic style too (i.e. non cyclones), but I really prefer the turbines and larger wheel size. The 20" wheel seems to be a good compromise.

4. jplasmd

jplasmd Member

I run the 20" Axis wheels with Michelin Super Sports in a square 9" configuration on my P85. Highly recommended. The Axis wheels road forced balanced well. The finish is 9/10 in quality. The owner of Axis drives a Tesla. These turbines are made specifically for the model S. (I have no financial interest in Axis.)

5. jschwefel

jschwefel VIN#1249

Thank you for this. The Axis wheels look like a great option. I wonder if the silver color matches the Tesla silver? The T Sportline silver appears to be a direct match.

6. jplasmd

jplasmd Member

I can't help you with this. I have the gunmetal gray....
    Shoot a letter to Axis. You'll get a prompt answer, probably from the owner.