Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T450S Panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is how Tesla is complying with rapid shutdown using the new UL3741 PV Hazard Control listing, very few products are listed to this.

It only needs to go at the beginning, end and on every third module to make a compliant system I think. It is much cheaper than other ways of doing this.

OP, in the URL you listed, the site is "Tesla-cdn"... implying that its not from a US tesla location, but your location is listed as US. Perhaps this is for the canadian market?
Thron.com is a cdn (content delivery network) that Tesla uses ( domain is tesla-cdn.thron.com - indicating this is thron hosting (distributing at scale) Tesla content) Nothing to do with Canada

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Mid-circuit interruption is going to mean another set of rooftop equipment, hopefully without too many failures.

I have already heard of several of these devices (not specifically teslas) failing and causing some thermal events. It remains to be seen if it's better for the industry to continue to add complexity to the rooftop systems, in the name of safety. I am sure as the tech matures, it will be more reliable.

Mid-circuit interruption is going to mean another set of rooftop equipment, hopefully without too many failures.

I have already heard of several of these devices (not specifically teslas) failing and causing some thermal events. It remains to be seen if it's better for the industry to continue to add complexity to the rooftop systems, in the name of safety. I am sure as the tech matures, it will be more reliable.
One thing that did catch my eye is that the upper temperature limit (50C/120F) seemed rather low for a rooftop piece of equipment. Roofs get pretty darn warm on a sunny day. But may be that's just me.

All the best,

BG

Is "causing some thermal events" a nice way of saying "catching fire"?

Interesting. I read it as being a new panel given the other items in the table were also panels/roof v3.

oddly enough our mci’s (installed April-ish this year) went bad resulting in arc faults. Definitely did their job. Bulges in the middle where they went pop.

Is "causing some thermal events" a nice way of saying "catching fire"?

Yes, engineers at major corporations usually go through training to learn which words to use and which words to not use.

Fire = bad
Thermal event = ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For example, here's the funniest slide from an old NHTSA discovery on a GM ignition switch issue from one such training. You know a 1990's GM W-Body is really just a rolling sarcophagus. Man those cars sucked.
1631675664658.png

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: gpez and Vines