Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes Gen 2 charge pad arrived

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my 2nd-gen Taptes wireless charger on Friday and have been playing with it over the weekend.

Everything seems ok, except for some reason the left USB port in my car randomly stops providing power to the device. I have to reboot the Tesla screen in order for power to be restored. This was never an issue with the wired connection that came with the car.

Does anyone else have this issue with their Taptes charger?

I received my 2nd-gen Taptes wireless charger on Friday and have been playing with it over the weekend.

Everything seems ok, except for some reason the left USB port in my car randomly stops providing power to the device. I have to reboot the Tesla screen in order for power to be restored. This was never an issue with the wired connection that came with the car.

Does anyone else have this issue with their Taptes charger?

Are you using the splitters? seen several folks report that issue and the official answer seems to be use the splitters.

• Helpful
Reactions: MarcG
My charger pad arrived DOA. I've tried plugging into several usb chargers and a battery and none of the ports work. Frustrating experience especially after how long it took to arrive.

Update: this was completely on me. The product works well, I didn't see the second micro-usb port on the underside of the wireless charger. Once it was plugged in, the system powered on properly and charges.

• Informative
Reactions: VQTRVA
I bought one of these from Amazon before I even ordered the car. It was on sale and I knew I was going to get the car eventually. I didn’t even think about it being DOA. Luckily I just tried plugging it in to a multi-USB hub I have and it worked fine. Whew.

Also got mine but it does not fit the Galaxy note 10+ with ANY case. It barely fits the phone just by itself....Emailed them about refund and return but they have stopped responding to me for 5 days now since I sent that video.

Reading this all over. So I understand use the provided splinters on both sides and it all should work? If needing fast charging get a cable long enough to read a 12v connection? These splitters can accept a controller for gaming if that is some thing I want?

Last edited:
Got the TapTes gen2 pad and while I want to love it my main problem is that under normal driving and tuns my phone (iPhone XS) keeps sliding around. turn left and it slides too far left and stop charging till I turn back right...this never happened with the Nomad I had before this...the rubber they use just not "taky" enough.

• Informative
Reactions: Ludatik
Got the TapTes gen2 pad and while I want to love it my main problem is that under normal driving and tuns my phone (iPhone XS) keeps sliding around. turn left and it slides too far left and stop charging till I turn back right...this never happened with the Nomad I had before this...the rubber they use just not "taky" enough.

Totally agree, been looking for some sort of grippy tape but haven't found anything.

Again for anyone using the splitters make sure you're using the splitters and making sure the smaller cable is used to plug into the Taptes.

Is your phone in a PVC/polyurethane case?