Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tax credit 2024 [The tax credit discussion thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The discounts I received are fantastic, and I'm thrilled with them.
I secured a USD$ 5,750 adjustment, a $1,000 credit for reserving a CyberTruck, and a $500 NY Drive Clean rebate.
Essentially, this almost entirely offsets the cost of all the additional features on the car, including its red color, hitch, seven seats, white interior, and 20" wheels.
I chose a vehicle that was in transit on December 30, but unsurprisingly, it didn't arrive before the year's end.
Consequently, I missed out on the offer of six months of free supercharging.
However, I wonder, what's the value of that offer? Around $500?
Now it's unsurprising why the car comes with a substantial discount.
I received a call from the delivery center, informing me that my car has paint imperfections that require repairs at a body shop.
As a result, my delivery date has been postponed.
This delay might work in my favor because by then, Tesla will have clarified their approach to POS rebates.

Now it's unsurprising why the car comes with a substantial discount.
I received a call from the delivery center, informing me that my car has paint imperfections that require repairs at a body shop.
As a result, my delivery date has been postponed.
This delay might work in my favor because by then, Tesla will have clarified their approach to POS rebates.
Hooray for paint imperfections…

Update:

Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive $48,990
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint Included
19’’ Gemini Wheels Included
All Black Premium Interior Included
Five Seat Interior Included
Autopilot Included
Tow Hitch $1,000

Subtotal $49,990
Destination Fee $1,390
Order Fee $250
Price Adjustment ($3,500) Inventory price!
Referral Bonus ($1,500!! ) CT $1k+$500 Referral!
Total $46,630 !!

So ~price as Y RWD.

The only question that remains whether POS will be ready this week or how long they'll let me keep this order. Or should I p/u this order today and claim credit later.

I prefer the former and allows me not to deal with the rush either..
I was told by the rep at tesla they aren't doing the referral bonus any more. is that wrong?

Just got a call from Tesla. They said their sales department is holding off on any deliveries on existing inventory with the tax credit given the IRS website issues. Expected to be up this month. Interesting the test holding off on deliveries though.
If Tesla can't enter the information into the IRS system, the buyer cannot claim the credit, not even the end of year version (given the strictest interpretation of IRS guidance). And, of course, buyers would rather get time of sale credit which absolutely needs the portal.

If Tesla can't enter the information into the IRS system, the buyer cannot claim the credit, not even the end of year version (given the strictest interpretation of IRS guidance). And, of course, buyers would rather get time of sale credit which absolutely needs the portal.

So, best to order inventory now to lock in the discount?? if they'll hold off delivery.

Reactions: ChiefRollo
Just got a call from Tesla. They said their sales department is holding off on any deliveries on existing inventory with the tax credit given the IRS website issues. Expected to be up this month. Interesting to see Tesla holding off on deliveries though.
Interesting, so this must be a Tesla issue, because, on other forums, people had no issues claiming the credit on their lightning

Yes, they said if you order now, you will lock it in and they can deliver it once they figure out the portal issues.

Interesting, thought the whole website was down didn’t know if this was isolated to Tesla