Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tax credit 2024 [The tax credit discussion thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s great in which case will resolve my hold which we placed in end of December by not scheduling pickup date. They had it on hold for us until Jan 10th before they cancel order. So will start finding an even cheaper inventory car and start looking. Yay.

That’s great in which case will resolve my hold which we placed in end of December by not scheduling pickup date. They had it on hold for us until Jan 10th before they cancel order. So will start finding an even cheaper inventory car and start looking. Yay.

Let us know if they auto-remove the hold next week. Not sure if you've switched VINs yet (you only get one switch)

Doubt the inventory prices will drop further than end Q4. Esp with POS coming

Reactions: zoomer0056
My SA called me and asked me if I wanted to put my order on a 2 week old. I said yes, now I have until the 18th to unhold my account and have a Vin assigned to me. However, I lost my inventory discount, but kept the referral credit
yep the inventory discount is VIN specific. I hoped the hold would hold the VIN in this case, especially if they're pausing all deliveries.

C'mon TSLA/IRS lets get this portal/party started ;)

My SA called me and asked me if I wanted to put my order on a 2 week old. I said yes, now I have until the 18th to unhold my account and have a Vin assigned to me. However, I lost my inventory discount, but kept the referral credit
Can I know why you lost your inventory discount? I plan to place an inventory order and keep it on hold until POS is resolved? I was told inventory discount will still be carried over after POS enabled. Please clarify

What if POS not implemented in two weeks? One point I've learned from TMC these last two years is that Service Advisors don't always know what they're talking about. So keep up the communications with yours until you see and can believe. You have to be your own advocate.

+1 about SAs. It's like calling IRS.

I'm getting this on my manage order page (no email or txt from TSLA)

Update Your Model Y Design​

Your Model Y design is no longer available and cannot be delivered. Update your vehicle design and review new pricing in order to proceed. Not taking action will result in your order being canceled and your order fee refunded. (that's a first!)

No loss on my end b/c they updated my year-end order to 1/1 anyway so no credits etc. I'll update to inventory as we get closer to POS but not taking any chances prior

+1 about SAs. It's like calling IRS.

I'm getting this on my manage order page (no email or txt from TSLA)

Update Your Model Y Design​

Your Model Y design is no longer available and cannot be delivered. Update your vehicle design and review new pricing in order to proceed. Not taking action will result in your order being canceled and your order fee refunded. (that's a first!)

No loss on my end b/c they updated my year-end order to 1/1 anyway so no credits etc. I'll update to inventory as we get closer to POS but not taking any chances prior
Is that for a 2024 new build?
EPA range change and stop modes (only hold now) may have triggered it.

Last edited:
No '23. It did have turbines and 7 seats. My question is how long can I hold/stop this? Waiting for POS but want inventory discounts too.

Also, https://www.tesla.com/inventory/new/my?CABIN_CONFIG=SEVEN&arrangeby=plh&zip=85301&range=200 does not match my inventory switch options link, not sure if it takes a while or they only match certain VINs
Tesla called me yesterday regarding my Model Y order. She said they did a hold on all vehicles for a few days but that ended. She said they have put in longer delivery windows in hopes of POS being worked out by delivery. For example, instead of the usual 3 days, mine is 1/8-1/17. She also hinted that IRS may be fully staffed beginning Monday 1/8 and they are hoping for answers on POS processing. She also hinted that those inventory deals could go away at any moment so hold onto my order with the discounts I got on 1/1. I know this is nothing concrete, but I thought I would share what information I could with everyone.