Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tax credit 2024 [The tax credit discussion thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That difference is because of 19" vs 20" wheels/tires, not because of the model year.

Ahh I missed that. So that confirms what the rep told me. POS on Custom orders only

NO inventory RWD qualifies for credit yet. and I don't want to miss out on inventory discounts and POS that make the LR cheaper for me. Unless they're here to stay ;)

My husband and I had a Model Y ready to pick up on Sunday, and even got to sit in it while they processed the $7500 POS credit. But they came out and said they couldn't process it because the middle name in my registration in the Tesla app didn't match the IRS, and they couldn't edit the name -- verified after a lot of discussion with support. We had to cancel the order. Before trying again, at what point does the middle name populate, and can it be edited before being locked in? We live in MA: our car registration and licenses have our full names, but IRS and SS# have middle initial only. Any help would be appreciated.

• Informative
Reactions: Skavatar
My husband and I had a Model Y ready to pick up on Sunday, and even got to sit in it while they processed the $7500 POS credit. But they came out and said they couldn't process it because the middle name in my registration in the Tesla app didn't match the IRS, and they couldn't edit the name -- verified after a lot of discussion with support. We had to cancel the order. Before trying again, at what point does the middle name populate, and can it be edited before being locked in? We live in MA: our car registration and licenses have our full names, but IRS and SS# have middle initial only. Any help would be appreciated.
Looking at the app, it says middle name is optional. So it seems like you can go in and edit your Tesla information to not conflict with IRS version.

• Informative
Reactions: Skavatar
Looking at the app, it says middle name is optional. So it seems like you can go in and edit your Tesla information to not conflict with IRS version.
My middle name was auto-populated at some point because I never spell it out, and if my SS# had my middle initial, it had to come from our car registration because I hadn't uploaded my license yet. Do you know if we can definitely edit it during the registration process? Because it cannot be edited by us, nor Tesla per support, once it's in there.

My middle name was auto-populated at some point because I never spell it out, and if my SS# had my middle initial, it had to come from our car registration because I hadn't uploaded my license yet. Do you know if we can definitely edit it during the registration process? Because it cannot be edited by us, nor Tesla per support, once it's in there.
I don't know anything for sure, just reporting what the app is showing me. We're waiting on out first vehicle, so it might be different for you.
The app is showing the registration filled out even before you uploaded your driver's licenses?

I don't know anything for sure, just reporting what the app is showing me. We're waiting on out first vehicle, so it might be different for you.
The app is showing the registration filled out even before you uploaded your driver's licenses?
Our names (husband was primary, I was secondary) were populated -- he had uploaded his license and our registration, and he *thinks* our SS#s, but my full name was in there before I uploaded my license, and he didn't spell out my middle name. I'd try again, but we already lost our $250 deposit and can't lose another if we can't edit the middle name. I'd be primary this time.

Our names (husband was primary, I was secondary) were populated -- he had uploaded his license and our registration, and he *thinks* our SS#s, but my full name was in there before I uploaded my license, and he didn't spell out my middle name. I'd try again, but we already lost our $250 deposit and can't lose another if we can't edit the middle name. I'd be primary this time.
Ug, sorry to hear it's been such a hassle.

Ug, sorry to hear it's been such a hassle
Yeah, it's been really disappointing and frustrating -- add to that the lost $250 deposit. We have to get the down payment refunded before we can decide next steps, and have to be prepared to file on our own next year if we encounter the same issue. But that means our monthly will go up and we would be financing another $7500, and I'm not sure we'd be willing to do that. Unfortunately, Tesla support has been no help.