Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein EnduraPro Plus - Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone help me understand, why am I only seeing the EnduraProPlus fronts and backs for the SR/+?

1675790256750.png

The only option I can find on the tein site for the performance/LR is:

1675790383107.png

which says its a "kit" including front and rear dampers. Is it simply they dont sell the fronts in single qty's?

Thanks!

Can someone help me understand, why am I only seeing the EnduraProPlus fronts and backs for the SR/+?

View attachment 904408

The only option I can find on the tein site for the performance/LR is:

View attachment 904409

which says its a "kit" including front and rear dampers. Is it simply they dont sell the fronts in single qty's?

Thanks!
Tein is moving away from individual shocks per se and are now selling them as a 4 piece package, hence the new part #'s. It will sort itself out once they move through the inventory.

We have done them on several cars. It helps improve the ride substantially. We haven't done a video for the Eibach's yet but here is a video we did on the Y with H&R Springs.
Since you're the expert, lol I've been told I need coilovers to improve ride quality. I then talk to someone else in the business and they tell me coilovers will not achieve the ride quality that I would get from the Teins? How do I get two totally different opinions from two different shops and one of those sold both(coil & Teins) as he told me to just go with the Teins? I also stated I wanted strictly for ride quality not performance or for track.
Can you help clear that up for me if possible or is it just two different opinions? Watched your video and it looked to me like there was a substantial difference!

Thanks,
Patrick

Well the issue you are likely facing is that once the Eibachs settle to their "true" height, the once smooth ride they gave will be hampered by the stock length shock absorber bottoming out. I cut the hell out of my bump stops but they still bottomed out constantly. I hear Tein may have a hydraulic bump stop but the length of the overall package is identidal, so I don't see how the lack of available suspension travel can be improved.

Tein needs to make a shock to match lowering springs - I'd be all over those.

Why is Bilstein ignoring Teslas? A Bilstein B12 kit would be perfect.

Well the issue you are likely facing is that once the Eibachs settle to their "true" height, the once smooth ride they gave will be hampered by the stock length shock absorber bottoming out. I cut the hell out of my bump stops but they still bottomed out constantly. I hear Tein may have a hydraulic bump stop but the length of the overall package is identidal, so I don't see how the lack of available suspension travel can be improved.

Look at the above posts from TacoSteve and P3D-R they have a shop and have done them on lowering springs. They have some great Youtube video's and if I lived within 200 miles of their shop I would take car to them. I've read numerous posts and supposedly lowering springs have very little to do with ride quality which is hard to imagine as what you described sounds exactly what's happening. I have read quite of few posts of guys that have them with no ride quality... so I don't get it!:confused:

Since you're the expert, lol I've been told I need coilovers to improve ride quality. I then talk to someone else in the business and they tell me coilovers will not achieve the ride quality that I would get from the Teins? How do I get two totally different opinions from two different shops and one of those sold both(coil & Teins) as he told me to just go with the Teins? I also stated I wanted strictly for ride quality not performance or for track.
Can you help clear that up for me if possible or is it just two different opinions? Watched your video and it looked to me like there was a substantial difference!

Thanks,
Patrick
I currently have the Teins and I just bought a set of MPP comfort non-adjustable coilovers, so I can report back in a few weeks with a comparison once I get the coilovers installed. My personal opinion is that the Teins are a noticeable improvement over stock, but not amazing. I have an early 2019 model 3 and to me it feels like the springs are just too damn stiff. The teins soften up the damping, which does reduce the jarring ride, but too much adjustment and it just feels like the shocks are mismatched to the spring, not doing enough damping. This is probably less pronounced in newer models since tesla quietly and incrementally improved their suspension over the years. I was encouraged by driving my buddy's bmw with KW coilovers recently. It was very sporty but still rode much better over train tracks and broken pavement than the tesla.

Gonna give the coilovers a shot, but keep the Teins in case I decide to go back.

Last edited:

You can use the teins with lowering springs. They will have reduced travel compared to stock height springs, but still better than lowering springs on stock shocks. Yes, you can cut out most (or maybe all) of the bumpstop, which increases travel over stock shocks with lowering springs too.

I currently have the Teins and I just bought a set of MPP comfort non-adjustable coilovers, so I can report back in a few weeks with a comparison once I get the coilovers installed. My personal opinion is that the Teins are a noticeable improvement over stock, but not amazing. I have an early 2019 model 3 and to me it feels like the springs are just too damn stiff. The teins soften up the damping, which does reduce the jarring ride, but too much adjustment and it just feels like the shocks are mismatched to the spring, not doing enough damping. This is probably less pronounced in newer models since tesla quietly and incrementally improved their suspension over the years. I was encouraged by driving my buddy's bmw with KW coilovers recently. It was very sporty but still rode much better over train tracks and broken pavement than the tesla.

Gonna give the coilovers a shot, but keep the Teins in case I decide to go back.
Please keep us updated for this one. I am thinking about buying MPP comfort adjustable one too but it is quite expensive.

You don't need to, but I think you should. The Teins have internal bumps that make the stock bumps less necessary (or maybe un-necessary). Part of why the stock suspension rides so harsh is because it's hitting the bump stops all the time. If you leave the stock bump stops in, it will still hit the bump stops all the time, minimizing any improvement in ride quality.

Reactions: after-dark
Please keep us updated for this one. I am thinking about buying MPP comfort adjustable one too but it is quite expensive.

I installed the MPP comfort non-adjustable coilovers this weekend. I've driven on them a couple days now.

In the "MPP comfort coilover reviews" thread I kept reading "firmer, but smoother than stock," which didn't really make sense to me, but I think that is the most accurate description. They feel firm like a European OEM sport suspension. Firm, but not harsh. Driving over BIG undulations like railroad crossings and drainage dips, the car is much more controlled than with the Teins adjusted to medium soft. Less wallowing around, no floatiness whatsoever, and well controlled. Also NO CLUNKING. The Teins always had an ugly clunking noise over certain *really awful* road imperfections that sounded like the shock topping out (hitting the maximum extension). I think the improvement in "smoothness" and control comes from the quality of the KW shock. I think the MPP spring rates are very similar to stock, which is still firmer than I would like.

Without a question, the MPP coilovers improve handling significantly, which wasn't at all my goal, but it is fun! By comparison, when I got the Teins adjusted to my ride quality preference (meduim soft), handling went a little sloppy. I was fine with that, and it was expected.

So which is better? I guess it's a matter of preference. I think I'm happier with the MPP coilovers, but I got them used. At full price, I might be feeling some buyer's remorse from a purely ride comfort standpoint. If you're looking for a handling upgrade, that's a different story. The benefit of the MPP comes from a truly matched spring rate with a high quality shock. But I kind of feel like a product marketed as "comfort" should go a little softer or perhaps dual/variable rate spring (MPP springs are linear like stock). I still think the Tein EnduraPro Plus are a very good value and do offer an appreciable improvement over the stock shocks.

This whole experience has me thinking the Flex Z coilovers might be the ticket for a matched spring/shock at a better price than new MPP comfort coilovers. I have heard anecdotally that they are a little softer, and the shocks are adjustable too. I don't think Tein shock quality is on par with KW, but both are much better than stock.

I installed the MPP comfort non-adjustable coilovers this weekend. I've driven on them a couple days now.

In the "MPP comfort coilover reviews" thread I kept reading "firmer, but smoother than stock," which didn't really make sense to me, but I think that is the most accurate description. They feel firm like a European OEM sport suspension. Firm, but not harsh. Driving over BIG undulations like railroad crossings and drainage dips, the car is much more controlled than with the Teins adjusted to medium soft. Less wallowing around, no floatiness whatsoever, and well controlled. Also NO CLUNKING. The Teins always had an ugly clunking noise over certain *really awful* road imperfections that sounded like the shock topping out (hitting the maximum extension). I think the improvement in "smoothness" and control comes from the quality of the KW shock. I think the MPP spring rates are very similar to stock, which is still firmer than I would like.

Without a question, the MPP coilovers improve handling significantly, which wasn't at all my goal, but it is fun! By comparison, when I got the Teins adjusted to my ride quality preference (meduim soft), handling went a little sloppy. I was fine with that, and it was expected.

So which is better? I guess it's a matter of preference. I think I'm happier with the MPP coilovers, but I got them used. At full price, I might be feeling some buyer's remorse from a purely ride comfort standpoint. If you're looking for a handling upgrade, that's a different story. The benefit of the MPP comes from a truly matched spring rate with a high quality shock. But I kind of feel like a product marketed as "comfort" should go a little softer or perhaps dual/variable rate spring (MPP springs are linear like stock). I still think the Tein EnduraPro Plus are a very good value and do offer an appreciable improvement over the stock shocks.

This whole experience has me thinking the Flex Z coilovers might be the ticket for a matched spring/shock at a better price than new MPP comfort coilovers. I have heard anecdotally that they are a little softer, and the shocks are adjustable too. I don't think Tein shock quality is on par with KW, but both are much better than stock.
I just wish Koni or KW would make a damper to match the OEM springs. I want a more controlled/rounded ride at OEM height without going any lower or stiffer. Too bad the Tein EnduraPro doesn't seem well built and tuned to offer the best of both worlds. I've definitely had great experiences with Koni dampers in other cars where the ride and handling both improved over stock.

Thanks a lot for your detailed review! How's the ride over smaller bumps vs OEM or Tein?

Last edited:
Reactions: SQ97
I think you feel the smaller bumps and imperfections a little more with MPP than with Teins, but it's not unpleasant or jarring, just more sensation transmits into the car. Both are much better than stock.

Also, FWIW, the highest recommended setting for MPP coilovers is only 1/2" lower than stock (or the same as M3P height). I have the rears set up at the tallest setting. I intended to set up the fronts the same, but still have some adjustments to make. At the rear anyway, I can't really tell it's lower than stock just by looking. I guess I'll see if I end up scraping my front bumper on curbs more.

Anyway, I think what you're really looking for is a stock-height spring with a dual or progressive spring rate. My experience with both suspensions (or really all three, including stock), is that a shock can only help so much when the springs are just too stiff. You can adjust the teins all the way into the softest settings, but then there is the compromise that comes from an under-damped stiff spring. They are best matched to the stock springs in a middle-ish setting, but that only subtly improves the ride quality. I was not able to find that goldilocks setting that just felt right in all scenarios. And I think it's because the stock springs are too stiff for the application.

You might also consider the unplugged performance autocross shocks if you like Koni Yellows. Seems to be a similar formula: performance adjustable shock designed to work with the stock springs. But they're not cheap!

Last edited:
Reactions: XPsionic
I think you feel the smaller bumps and imperfections a little more with MPP than with Teins, but it's not unpleasant or jarring, just more sensation transmits into the car. Both are much better than stock.
I would like to revise this statement after taking a tour of some of Arvada Colorado's crappiest roads on the MPP comforts. The small bumps are quite a bit harsher, and I would say a little bit unpleasant and more jarring than the tein shocks with stock springs. Closer to the wooden ride of the stock shocks. The wife noticed from the passenger seat too. The MPP comforts handle the big bumps like a champ, but the small bumps are worse.

I'm definitely less satisfied than I was 24 hours ago.