Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein Flex Z front shock mount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love to see what a model y performance with Tiens and 20mm spacers look like. Thats how I want mine set up but can’t pull the trigger until I get a visual
the guy who I just replied to in this thread posted his pics in another thread with this setup;

I am getting your same setup Tein coilovers and bonoss 20mm spacers. Can you share any details with me about your setup I can tell my installers? Thanks so much in advance!
Installing per the instructions will get you stock height on a performance model y or dang close. I wanted lower so i completely bottomed out the adjusters in the rear and matched the front based on where the rear was.

Love to see what a model y performance with Tiens and 20mm spacers look like. Thats how I want mine set up but can’t pull the trigger until I get a visual

This is what my 2022 performance looks like on teins with the Ubers on and the bonoss 20mm spacers all around

Attachments

• 3603B338-DDD0-4A9C-A1E8-17ABDFFF0B91.jpeg
    3603B338-DDD0-4A9C-A1E8-17ABDFFF0B91.jpeg
    548.6 KB · Views: 270
  • 224E3FF6-BE6F-4A45-B84A-C5639582E789.jpeg
    224E3FF6-BE6F-4A45-B84A-C5639582E789.jpeg
    489.2 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: greatauror28
Installing per the instructions will get you stock height on a performance model y or dang close. I wanted lower so i completely bottomed out the adjusters in the rear and matched the front based on where the rear was.
awesome! so you are saying to bottom out the rear, and for the front to match the spacing gap from the rear? interesting!

Any camber arm needed for bottoming out the rear? or did your alignment come into spec. wanting to know if there will be excessive tread wearing or any of the sort

Yep, I forgot how much exactly I needed to lower the front to match but I think it was .6

I don't know for sure if you will need any camber arms but I got the Megan racing eBay ones for $150 for the rears. Im going to get it aligned next week when I have time off work.

Thanks, ordered these. Fingers crossed, I've had good luck so far with getting less expensive parts and getting close to the same results. My wheels are forged from china, jova wheels, and those have been great at about 1/5 the cost of forged wheels from canada or usa. It's hard to justify some of the prices for a standard range and someone who does not track their car and just wants it to be moderately better.

Can you get to the adjustments without pulling the wheel?
Sorry to dig this up. But I am also considering MPP non-adjustable Vs Tein. How’s the ride held up? Any cons? Thanks!

The Teins are really awesome - i quite enjoy them quite a bit. Only con i have so far is that there is some spring binding on the driver side front coilover. I just need to tighten the pre-load on it to stop the noise.

I can't recommend them enough for the price. They are as soft as stock (IMO) and adjustable 16-ways.

Reactions: Heckraiser
The Teins are really awesome - i quite enjoy them quite a bit. Only con i have so far is that there is some spring binding on the driver side front coilover. I just need to tighten the pre-load on it to stop the noise.

I can't recommend them enough for the price. They are as soft as stock (IMO) and adjustable 16-ways.
hmm do you think thats due to the quality, or just an oversight during the install?

so the camber arms are necessary for the rear only?
Only if you are trying to go for more camber- rear camber is generally pretty great even after you lower the car 25mm or so. You don't need them for mild drops.

If you actually care about handling, the place you should spend your money after coilovers is front camber increases via FUCAs.

• Helpful
Reactions: FatM3
Only if you are trying to go for more camber- rear camber is generally pretty great even after you lower the car 25mm or so. You don't need them for mild drops.

If you actually care about handling, the place you should spend your money after coilovers is front camber increases via FUCAs.
Rear is a start and I’ll see what everything is at after the first alignment. I know good front control arms are $$$