Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Telsa-branded or Weathertech All Weather Mats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes something changed... From another thread here I came to the conclusion a change was made to the front seat rails perhaps related to, or around the time of, Next Gen seats becoming available. It made fitting the Tesla All-Weather Mats a little harder to squeeze under, and the Weathertech-branded rear seat mats not fit right so their mat bunches up near the rails.

Mine are too wide for the car, nothing to do with the seats.

@Vigile - I see you got your car, congrats! The pics you posted inspired me to clean my cars interior.
I want to keep winter slush off the carpet so I called Blue Ash yesterday to see if they have the Tesla/Weathertech mats in stock (to avoid the shipping costs). They said they expect to get them this week and will call me when they come. You might want tho wait and see them in person. I've read very mixed reviews - generally positive but a consistent problem has been wrinkling sides on the rear mat. Some suggested that the mat design does not account for the seat rails being different on the next gen seats (and perhaps that it's more of a problem for drivers who put the seat far back). I'm interested in seeing if the mats that Tesla is selling now have been changed to address this.
Thanks, I'll take you up on that! :)

For those interested we are presently offering premium floor mats for the Model S

Our floor mats are shaped to match the better fitting shape of the 2014+ Model Year Tesla Model S.

All Unplugged floor mats attach in the same method as the updated 2014+ Tesla original design.

To clarify, earlier Model S cars had a slightly different shape floor mat with a different attachment method.

As a result, earlier Model S cars had front floor mats which often “flop” over and/or lose their position.

The Unplugged design and attachment method is a compatible upgrade to all model year Model S vehicles.

Our floor mats are made with carpeting sourced from Rolls Royce suppliers, leather from Ferrari Suppliers and authentic Tesla Emblems

IMG_9801_BenEdit.jpg
IMG_9925_BenEdit_wm.jpg
IMG_9933_BenEdit_wm.jpg

For those interested we are presently offering premium floor mats for the Model S

Our floor mats are shaped to match the better fitting shape of the 2014+ Model Year Tesla Model S.

All Unplugged floor mats attach in the same method as the updated 2014+ Tesla original design.

To clarify, earlier Model S cars had a slightly different shape floor mat with a different attachment method.

As a result, earlier Model S cars had front floor mats which often “flop” over and/or lose their position.

The Unplugged design and attachment method is a compatible upgrade to all model year Model S vehicles.

Our floor mats are made with carpeting sourced from Rolls Royce suppliers, leather from Ferrari Suppliers and authentic Tesla Emblems

Are those prototype or concept pictures?
The materials look nice, but the quality of the stitching and wavy/lumpyness/poor cut of the edges looks terrible.

if you want weathertech mats they are 184.75 shipped free at jet.com Weathertech 44458-1-2 FloorLiner DigitalFit
. if you're new on that site you can get 15% off using 15NOW coupon code. it's the full set front and back seats
I verified the model here (part #) 2013 Tesla Model S | WeatherTech FloorLiner custom fit car floor protection from mud, water, sand and salt. | WeatherTech.com. the 2015 set does not have the fronts only the back seat on weathertechs site. call and verify that the 2013 fronts fit your car

over $100 savings is nice. I always user weathertech, it's the best!

Last edited:
Can you buy the Tesla mats in the showrooms or do you have to get it online? Looking to get something soon since my regular mats are getting too dirty already!

In theory you can get them at any service center. In practice, they're out of stock (I asked last weekend in Burlingame, CA and Fremont, CA), and so is the on-line store. The person at the Fremont service center said they don't necessarily get them at the service center any sooner than the on-line store has them. I was advised to check back after things settle down from the New Years holiday.

(I'm assuming we're all talking about the Tesla all-weather interior mats, although above also applies to the Tesla all-weather trunk mats.)