TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Temperature control

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Nettley, Jun 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Nettley

Nettley New Member

I have my 3 now and absolutely love it. One thing it like is a way to adjust cabin temperature more easily. Currently I'm tapping the up or down arrow on the screen. Which is fine but difficult to find while driving as it's small. A slider or voice command would be better. Anyone found an easier way?

S

Attached Files:

2. Tdriver

Tdriver Member

Nope, hoping for voice control soon. I would be nice to increase the size of all screen graphics.....clock, battery, energy bar, etc.

3. Shygar

Shygar Member

I don't think I have had a need to change mine after I set it to 70 degrees.

• Like x 3
  4. SlicedBr3ad

SlicedBr3ad Member

Same

5. eadnjd

eadnjd New Member

My home thermostat has two settings, one for heat and one for AC. I would like my car to be just as convenient. One number would be OK if there was a way to set a dead band. If I could set it at 71 and have a +-3 degree dead band it would heat to 68 degrees or cool to 74 degrees if needed, and do nothing in between. This should not be hard to implement.

6. SDKoala

SDKoala RWD LR

I think we all are hoping for a better way to adjust the temp like voice or scroll wheel control. I'd settle for bigger screen icons as a first step. Way too much valuable screen real estate is being taken up by the front heated seat controls. They should give priority to controls that are used by 100% of people throughout the year, not just those who live in cold-climates part of the year.

7. b.noing

b.noing Member

After 6 years of interface improvements the real estate is still formatted to a stationary car instead of one that is moving and bouncing. I can't understand why something so simple and easy has not been addressed.

• Like x 1
  8. CapnOMatic

CapnOMatic Member

Same here too. I don't find the temp control hard to manage. I just put my fingers behind the screen to sort of grip it a little in case I bounce.

• Like x 1
  9. DannyHamilton

DannyHamilton Member

I think you are perhaps all being far too careful when attempting to adjust the temperature?

I find that if I get my finger pretty much anywhere on the temperature icon and then slide my finger up (to increase the set-temp), or down (to decrease the set-temp) then I get the adjustment I want.

There doesn't seem to be any need to precisely tap on the little up or down arrows. A quick flick over the icon in the proper direction seems to work fine.

• Informative x 1