Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Temperature control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my 3 now and absolutely love it. One thing it like is a way to adjust cabin temperature more easily. Currently I'm tapping the up or down arrow on the screen. Which is fine but difficult to find while driving as it's small. A slider or voice command would be better. Anyone found an easier way?

S

Attachments

• IMG_7558.JPG
    IMG_7558.JPG
    556.7 KB · Views: 79
My home thermostat has two settings, one for heat and one for AC. I would like my car to be just as convenient. One number would be OK if there was a way to set a dead band. If I could set it at 71 and have a +-3 degree dead band it would heat to 68 degrees or cool to 74 degrees if needed, and do nothing in between. This should not be hard to implement.

I have my 3 now and absolutely love it. One thing it like is a way to adjust cabin temperature more easily. Currently I'm tapping the up or down arrow on the screen. Which is fine but difficult to find while driving as it's small. A slider or voice command would be better. Anyone found an easier way?

S

I think we all are hoping for a better way to adjust the temp like voice or scroll wheel control. I'd settle for bigger screen icons as a first step. Way too much valuable screen real estate is being taken up by the front heated seat controls. They should give priority to controls that are used by 100% of people throughout the year, not just those who live in cold-climates part of the year.

I think you are perhaps all being far too careful when attempting to adjust the temperature?

I find that if I get my finger pretty much anywhere on the temperature icon and then slide my finger up (to increase the set-temp), or down (to decrease the set-temp) then I get the adjustment I want.

There doesn't seem to be any need to precisely tap on the little up or down arrows. A quick flick over the icon in the proper direction seems to work fine.

• Informative
Reactions: favo