Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Temporary car insurance UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi UK Tesla community,

I am picking up Model 3 on 10 December and received VIN from Tesla but the number plate won't be registered with DVLA by Tesla until the morning of delivery. Could you please share your recommendation to get a temporary insurance cover as I plan to replace one of my existing car policy to Tesla within a week or so afterwards. Thank you

Hi UK Tesla community,

I am picking up Model 3 on 10 December and received VIN from Tesla but the number plate won't be registered with DVLA by Tesla until the morning of delivery. Could you please share your recommendation to get a temporary insurance cover as I plan to replace one of my existing car policy to Tesla within a week or so afterwards. Thank you

I'm due to pick my car up tomorrow and have struggled to find temporary insurance (in the UK). I normally take out temporary cover for maybe a couple of days and then make the change to my existing policy once home and settled so to speak but so far have been unable to get any quotes from the companies I previously used.

In addition to this, I am finding the quotes offered by my existing company and the usual "compare the" websites to be much higher than what I would have expected. Slightly concerned at this stage :confused:

I could not get a temporary insurance however I rang my existing insurance company and added Tesla to be started from the pick up date. The quote was fairly comparable to my exiting cover for other cars and I plan to cancel one of the existing car cover as soon as I have put the car for sale next week.