Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Aug 23 Insurance Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my renewal from Direct Line at £980. Last year was £450.

I have no claims in 23 years of driving, car kept on driveway and no convictions or points. No change to policy at all and its jumped more than 50%. Is this normal? even the compare sites are the same.

Had my renewal from Direct Line at £980. Last year was £450.

I have no claims in 23 years of driving, car kept on driveway and no convictions or points. No change to policy at all and its jumped more than 50%. Is this normal? even the compare sites are the same.
Mine the same. Just short of £550 last year and now £1000.

Apparently all car insurance has gone to ridiculous levels.

• Informative
Reactions: Leejmoff
in their defence ( and I can't believe I am defending them) profits don't seem to be up based on what I read so the increase are covering increased costs
Mate of mine had a minor scratch on his Tesla, went through insurance as it was non-fault.
Couldn't believe what the (few Tesla approved)garages are charging for just a respray (hint: they're replacing the whole bumper for no obvious reason) and keeping the car one whole week for that, so with a replacement vehicle paid for by them too during that time..

That's how a couple hundred quids repair turns out into a £2-3k one once the garage knows it's an insurance job... and once the insurer is told it's a Tesla they get scared and won't really challenge the quote, probably due to a lack of experts

I definitely believe costs are raking high for them based on that...

Reactions: MrT3 and Js1977
Non fault with my original Model 3 in 2021 & a new door outer skin with matching respray on the lower sill via a Tesla approved body shop. Churchill 'arranged' for the third party insurers courtesy car to be a brand new black iPace HSE Special Edition for the two weeks of the repair even though I would have been happy with an eCorsa or Zoe. They told me "not to worry, the other party is paying"

The saving grace was that Tesla actually had the door skin in stock in the UK at the time, probably among the unicorn inventory so two weeks kept the overall cost 'down' to ~£10k

Mate of mine had a minor scratch on his Tesla, went through insurance as it was non-fault.
Couldn't believe what the (few Tesla approved)garages are charging for just a respray (hint: they're replacing the whole bumper for no obvious reason) and keeping the car one whole week for that, so with a replacement vehicle paid for by them too during that time..

That's how a couple hundred quids repair turns out into a £2-3k one once the garage knows it's an insurance job... and once the insurer is told it's a Tesla they get scared and won't really challenge the quote, probably due to a lack of experts

I definitely believe costs are raking high for them based on that...

Nothing new there. Ever since I first started driving if you went to a bodyshop to get a repair quote the first question would be private or insurance.

Insurance very often added a 0.

These days they just have to be sneakier about it.

Reactions: Js1977