TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Temporary Supercharger at Laguna Seca Raceway? (Salinas, CA)

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by MarcG, Jun 25, 2015.

1. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Some of my friends are heading down to the Refuel 2015 event tomorrow (http://www.refuelraces.com/start.php) and are hearing that Tesla is "bringing" a supercharger to Laguna Seca.

I'm not sure if this will be a permanent installation or just a temporary one for the event, although I don't see how that would work short of bringing LOADS of PowerPacks to power up the stalls...

Anyone else heard of this?

Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 3.43.35 PM.png

2. markb1

markb1 Active Member

#2 markb1, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    They had a temporary supercharger there, last year, as well.

3. mkspeedr

mkspeedr Member

What a great event.

4. linkster

linkster Active Member

I thought they had (3) portable "doubles" last year?

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

There are places at the track to use 3 phase high power industrial connections. Basically there is a way to plug into the HV transformers and directly power the superchargers there.