Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tennessee Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Huge change in EDD today and not the good kind. Went from 10/22-11/10 to 11/27-12/17. Ouch. I'm thinking its the Tow package that is causing the delay. Any other Tow people on here have an EDD delay?
Just checked my order and I was moved back as well. I went from 11/5 a 11/25 to 11/18 to 12/8. I think it has to do with the train shipments. I heard there was an issue with transport of the vehicles from the west to the east.
B5577C94-D17D-4412-B8BE-AB01A05837D7.png

Anyone else with a MYLR thinking of changing to performance? Reddit threads say it’s moving EDDs up significantly.
People over in the other forums here are saying the same things. Looks like if you order one you get a VIN in a little less than a week from what I have seen.

I've thought about it and for $7000 more I think its worth it if you want to switch. However I am NOT doing that. In my old age (47) ride comfort and height have become more important to me and the MYLRP with larger wheels and stiffer suspension the ride is definitely going to be rougher. Not to mention ground clearance would be more of an issue. Also 3.5 seconds is awesome 0-60 time but so is 4.8. Especially when I am coming from a car that is a 9 second 0-60. Plus you can always spend 2k to get 4.3 second time if you want. Also at the end of the day I think it loooks TOO flashy. I am happy sticking with my boring black MYLR even if it takes the rest of the year.

People over in the other forums here are saying the same things. Looks like if you order one you get a VIN in a little less than a week from what I have seen.

I've thought about it and for $7000 more I think its worth it if you want to switch. However I am NOT doing that. In my old age (47) ride comfort and height have become more important to me and the MYLRP with larger wheels and stiffer suspension the ride is definitely going to be rougher. Not to mention ground clearance would be more of an issue. Also 3.5 seconds is awesome 0-60 time but so is 4.8. Especially when I am coming from a car that is a 9 second 0-60. Plus you can always spend 2k to get 4.3 second time if you want. Also at the end of the day I think it loooks TOO flashy. I am happy sticking with my boring black MYLR even if it takes the rest of the year.
I changed my order to a performance model and then to a LR model. I couldn't justify the extra money for things I really don't need and would hardly use, being not that much younger than you (43) with a family and business function in mind. Larger wheels, higher cost to replace, etc. Just didn't make sense to me either. I am happy to wait until January as stated when I placed the order. This forum does make me impatient. lol. Seeing all the VIN's going out is difficult to see all the time, but I remind myself of the $100+ more per month in car payment. In terms of speed, I am coming from a Subaru Crosstrek. I think my 0-60 is in the 10 minute range...lol. No, but it is super slow. So 4.8 is amazing to me.

Reactions: dhrivnak

Good call on the switch and totally understand! But I’m coming from a 2dr wrangler so ride quality is gonna be SIGNIFICANTLY better no matter what vehicle I buy. 😂😂 I’m the same age as y’all but no kids and no real need for the 7 seats. Armie will be just fine with the bench. But my issue is it’s a wrangler… if anyone looks at it wrong, the thing falls apart. Bought it new in ’16 and with only 36k miles on it and I’ve already replaced wheel sensors and a cracked head! I want to get my tesla sooner before i have to drop 7k into the Jeep. Lol thanks y’all!

Reactions: seandavis
Good call on the switch and totally understand! But I’m coming from a 2dr wrangler so ride quality is gonna be SIGNIFICANTLY better no matter what vehicle I buy. 😂😂 I’m the same age as y’all but no kids and no real need for the 7 seats. Armie will be just fine with the bench. But my issue is it’s a wrangler… if anyone looks at it wrong, the thing falls apart. Bought it new in ’16 and with only 36k miles on it and I’ve already replaced wheel sensors and a cracked head! I want to get my tesla sooner before i have to drop 7k into the Jeep. Lol thanks y’all!
I’ve had two Jeep’s in my life and both were completely useless and problem ridden. I’ll never buy a keep product again, they are complete junk. It’s amazing that people will spend over $50k on a Jeep Rubicon and then spend another 20k upgrading the wheels and suspension. To each is own. lol. I’ll stick with Tesla. Good luck with your order!

Reactions: Armiesdad1
There were 7 New MYP put up during the day yesterday for instant purchase on the website. They were all over the country and you have to pay a $1000-2500 transport fee on top of the destination charge. But its an option for people who don't want to wait.