Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Terrible Tesla Service, what would you do???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

Like most, I had few issues with gaping and alignment with my MY PUP but nothing too crazy. I scheduled a service through the app and brought it in TESLA San Francisco Tuesday July 7th, and they told me it will be 2-3 days. I even tipped my advisor $20 just so he would take care of me and make sure the issues I had get resolved. I called Friday and ask if my car was ready yet, the service manager (not my advisor) said it will be done end of the day. I come end of the day and they told me it wasn't ready and she apologizes. I think she got mixed up with another MY. I called again Monday 13th, and they told me when the pointy part on the fender when it meets the headlight had pressurized and got "waves" and "dents". So now they will bring it to a local body shop they does work for them to fix the fender. He said they will try to take out the dent paintless. Already frustrated, I told him will it be better just to order a new fender as I do not want to waste time if they cannot fix it and I won't accept a flawless fender. They reassurance and said they were pretty confident it will look good. Fast forward today (Thursday) and the body shop is still not done with it, and ther may be a chance they will finish end of Friday. Then Tesla will have to take the car back and address all the issues and put it back together. So its looking like my car will not be ready until some time next week hopefully which will make it 2 weeks or more.

This is my first Tesla and first experience with their service. It seems like they are very unresponsive and don't even know what they are doing. What should I do? Have you guys been dealing with this kind of service? :(

• Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
This is also word to the wise for new owners that take their cars in for minor body fittment issues. There is always the risk that it will take longer than estimated and perhaps not come out much better than when you went in.

This does not mean cars with real and serious issues, but some will take their cars in because a panel gap on one side is only slightly larger than one on the other side.

Dropped my MY off on 7/8 to have a few little things fixed and for them to replace the roof glass because the tint film looked like someone took out a chunk with a razor blade in one spot. I was originally told it would take 5 days, which very much surprised me and was quite happy with. That then ended up being a week, and I was told I’d get an update by this Wednesday at the latest. Wednesday came and went without hearing a peep, then finally yesterday (Thursday) I got a message saying it’s going to be at least another week now. Pretty bummed, but it probably wouldn’t be as bad if I hadn’t already been given two dates that it was supposed to be ready.

Dropped my MY off on 7/8 to have a few little things fixed and for them to replace the roof glass because the tint film looked like someone took out a chunk with a razor blade in one spot. I was originally told it would take 5 days, which very much surprised me and was quite happy with. That then ended up being a week, and I was told I’d get an update by this Wednesday at the latest. Wednesday came and went without hearing a peep, then finally yesterday (Thursday) I got a message saying it’s going to be at least another week now. Pretty bummed, but it probably wouldn’t be as bad if I hadn’t already been given two dates that it was supposed to be ready.
Did they give you a loaner?

It really seems to be hit and miss depending on where you are located. I hear lots of horror stories out of California. Here on the other coast, we have a few service centers which are problematic and a couple that excellent. Over the years I've actually used service centers in Texas, Tennessee, Maryland and PA. For the most part it seems I would rate service average around most of the country and below average in California ;-)

It really seems to be hit and miss depending on where you are located. I hear lots of horror stories out of California. Here on the other coast, we have a few service centers which are problematic and a couple that excellent. Over the years I've actually used service centers in Texas, Tennessee, Maryland and PA. For the most part it seems I would rate service average around most of the country and below average in California ;-)
This is probably true as California, especially where I am from San Francisco Bay Area has so many Tesla's on the road its mind boggling in a good way. So I am sure the service centers here are constantly slammed.

Reactions: Jashev
I had a BMW i3 before and its no difference. For that I always had to wait 3 days so they bring i3 Specialized tech. Tesla Service fixed my issues in 2 days. It is a car and they need to do a neat job. I do not blame them. I rather they spend time and do the job right than rushing it and mess it up.

Reactions: sjohnsun
Went to SC to pick up my veichle after 2 weeks in the shop. Most of the things I noted on the service request wasnt done. The delivery person didnt include most of the issues that were pointed out on the day of delivery. Had to show them pictures that I took with timestamps to prove those were there on delivery date. Have to drop off the veichle in a week again. Who knows how long this will take. I feel like I had the car for less time than it was in service, and i have to pay 3k more than people who just picked up their delivery without any defects.

Went to SC to pick up my veichle after 2 weeks in the shop. Most of the things I noted on the service request wasnt done. The delivery person didnt include most of the issues that were pointed out on the day of delivery. Had to show them pictures that I took with timestamps to prove those were there on delivery date. Have to drop off the veichle in a week again. Who knows how long this will take. I feel like I had the car for less time than it was in service, and i have to pay 3k more than people who just picked up their delivery without any defects.
Man I feel you... my car is suppose to be ready for pick up tomorrow. The update from my service advisor is that the body shop is expediting the work and they will throw in a “full detail” of the car. I am skeptical if this is really the case. I have a feeling they will not address a lot of the issues I claimed. Unfortunately I will not be surprise if I find even more issues to the interior or exterior as now it’s been passed around to their 3rd party body shop. Kinda sucks I have to pray if they didn’t mess it up more coming out of service. I really do not want to set up another service appointment if that’s the case