Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla added QuickSilver to the S/X order page last night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4viNkXs.png

Named Lunar Silver on the S/X. Finally, now they just need to add a proper RED interior option.

Reactions: MYP24
Love it. I'd have a difficult time deciding between Ultra Red & Quicksilver. Fortunately Tesla refuses to bring the stalks back so I'm not faced with that difficult decision. Saves me all kids of money. Thanks Tesla!
Tesla is never going to bring the stalks back. It’s actually switching the lesser models (Model 3 now, and model Y later) to stack less. Either deal with it (try them or don’t), or don’t buy a Tesla.

Tesla is never going to bring the stalks back. It’s actually switching the lesser models (Model 3 now, and model Y later) to stack less. Either deal with it (try them or don’t), or don’t buy a Tesla.
You say that like I'm not aware they removed them from the 3 or something. Let their sales numbers continue to tank when potential buyers continue voicing how they miss the stalks and see how long it takes them to bring them back as an option. Same ish happened with the yoke. Stalks are next.

Also, I haven't bought a new Tesla w/o stalks so I have put my money where my mouth is. I will also buy at least two new Teslas if they return the stalks. That's one buyer, two sales. I can imagine how that scales across the potential buyer demo.

Nobody is buying these cars because they don't include stalks. Nobody. I know of hundreds (thousands?) of buyers who refuse to buy another of their cars because of that reason and that reason alone. Pretty stupid business decision.

I thought the silver Model 3s were downright GORGEOUS.

Probably will feel the same way about the S, but I'd really like to see it first. I think I'd have had a hard time deciding between the Deep Blue I bought and Silver.

Love it. I'd have a difficult time deciding between Ultra Red & Quicksilver. Fortunately Tesla refuses to bring the stalks back so I'm not faced with that difficult decision. Saves me all kids of money. Thanks Tesla!
Don’t ever want stalks back. So much easier to drive without them. Looks so much cleaner and futuristic too. Cracks me up when people say will not buy a Tesla because it does not have stalks. So, guess those people never like change too. Should be second nature for anyone that owns a cell phone. Lol.

I love the new Silver color. Looks awesome!

Don’t ever want stalks back. So much easier to drive without them. Looks so much cleaner and futuristic too. Cracks me up when people say will not buy a Tesla because it does not have stalks. So, guess those people never like change too. Should be second nature for anyone that owns a cell phone. Lol.

I tolerate it, but if stalks were an option I’d go back without hesitation. Change for the sake of change is pointless. The stalkless controls offer zero advantage.

I’ll miss them like I miss the Apple iPhone home button. For about 10 seconds.

Please share the source of this data.

I don't like the fact that there are no stalks either.
Share the source? You read posts on TMC? I lost count of how many times someone has mentioned that as the sole reason they won't buy a new one over the last few years. It's similar conversations on Tesla groups on Reddit, Facebook, etc. I don't have a single source where everyone has stated that all at once but you won't have to dig too far online to find examples. Sure, there's also people who clown people who post such things but the new car sales numbers for Tesla don't support their stance.

Share the source? You read posts on TMC? I lost count of how many times someone has mentioned that as the sole reason they won't buy a new one over the last few years. It's similar conversations on Tesla groups on Reddit, Facebook, etc. I don't have a single source where everyone has stated that all at once but you won't have to dig too far online to find examples. Sure, there's also people who clown people who post such things but the new car sales numbers for Tesla don't support their stance.
You're using forums (that typically is only frequented by enthusiasts) to support the "thousands" figure. Got it.

99 % of Tesla owners don't even go on forums.

New car sales for Tesla's and EVs in general are lower, not because of the stalks removal. It's an industry wide scenario.

You're using forums (that typically is only frequented by enthusiasts) to support the "thousands" figure. Got it.

99 % of Tesla owners don't even go on forums.

New car sales for Tesla's and EVs in general are lower, not because of the stalks removal. It's an industry wide scenario.
Sure. That's also why Tesla offered a round steering wheel option after they said they wouldn't. It had nothing to do with sales.

Sure. That's also why Tesla offered a round steering wheel option after they said they wouldn't. It had nothing to do with sales.
Yeah while I’m not a fan of the turn signals, the yoke was the deal breaker for me. Tried multiple drives with yoked cars, and just hated it for anything outside of highway use. I never would have bought my S if a wheel wasn’t an option. I’ve also retrofitted the mechanical horn which certainly makes it better to use too.