Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla adding chess to the Arcade!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this as well but you beat me to it! You were faster than that “Quick Draw”!:D FINALLY a game for the intellectuals!:) I’m assuming you play the Tesla? Kind of like playing “Deep Blue”....lol. Wonder if it saves your game? And you can pick up where you left off at the next SuperCharger? Primo.

Ski

"Play against someone else, challenge 4 different levels of AI, or sit back and watch the AIs play each other."

Nice!

Capture.PNG

Reactions: WarpedOne
Cue the “wish they’d fix A or roll out B before more games...” comments.

To further pre-empt that, it has been stated that part of the reason they do this is so people are more likely to install updates, all of which contain “boring” under-the-hood improvements.

Nah, at this time, I think most people would be ecstatic if the guy(s) developing the game get sent to ANY service center to answer phone calls

• Funny
Reactions: kavyboy and willw64
I totally love the video for this! Everything from grinding the boot into the ground vs the tires scrubbing into the dirt to the ending “gun barrel”-spinning Tesla logo with spaghetti western music in the background. Casting a woman in the role, nice wink that women love Teslas too and find them fun.

Reactions: nvx1977
I wonder if the AP3 computer will play chess better. LOL.

Pretty sure the games run on the MCU not the driving computer.

Can’t wait until they allow matching over the built in LTE with other Tesla owners! Would be fun to play a speed round of chess with someone else that happens to be supercharging at the same time :)

Over wifi at an SC that offers it maybe. Tesla isn't going to let 2 folks burn car data they're paying for to do that.

Pretty sure the games run on the MCU not the driving computer.

Over wifi at an SC that offers it maybe. Tesla isn't going to let 2 folks burn car data they're paying for to do that.

I figured something small like chess might not really require much data at all. I remember at one point reading that text messages were essentially free to the carriers since they were such small data packets and could be packaged in such a way that they basically ran on a carrier channel that was used to ping the phones anyway or something. Kinda was hoping Tesla had something running keeping open connections on vehicles anyway and a few bytes could be packaged into those at times for simple board game style games.