TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Android Summons feature....

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by jlucero, Feb 11, 2016.

1. jlucero

jlucero Member

sorry if this has been discussed, but now that we cant activate this summons feature with the key fob, how do you do it on the Android App? i dont seem to see the option!

2. BertL

BertL Active Member

It is still available on the FOB. The changes have only been talked about in the press, not actually deployed (yet) by Tesla.

3. Majerus

Majerus Member

I emailed servicehelpna asking for it not to be removed from the fob.. their quote.. "We have not yet received confirmation that the App will be the exclusive method of operating Summon in the future. However, I am happy to pass along your request to keep the key fob as a method of engaging Summon."

4. jlucero

jlucero Member

but can summons be activated with the android phone app?

5. Kbra

Kbra Member

Yes. You still need the key fob near the car but with the car unplugged and fob nearby that app will display the summon button on the top right.

6. jlucero

jlucero Member

man, i have no idea what im doing wrong...im near the car, with key fob, android app, and unplugged charger.....log on to app, dont see summons button anywhere....!!!

7. Whitmarsh

Whitmarsh Member

It's Summon (without an s at the end) - in other words Call (as a hundred other people have said).

8. GreenT

GreenT Member

Can someone tell me, out of curiosity, where you do press on the fob to have Summon work? (As a Classic car owner.)

9. Majerus

Majerus Member

Press and hold the button that would correspond to the pano roof of the car until the lights start flashing. Then press frunk, or trunk to go forward or back.

10. BertL

BertL Active Member

Step 1: Press & hold the center button until lights flash
    Step 2: Press either the frunk (go forward) or trunk (go back) button