Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app monitoring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
Recently installed a 4.8 kWh system. No Powerwall. PTO on 3 Jan 23. My Tesla app only shows energy flowing from the panels to the Inverter and it stops there. There's no other information (energy flows to/from the house or the grid). See the attached photos. My system is shown first and my friend's system is shown next for comparison. My question for anyone is how come I don't see the rest of the info like my friend's system. He does not have a Powerall installed either. Thanks so much everyone.

my system.jpg
friend system.jpg

See this thread:

It will come down to 1) did your installer install the necessary hardware to monitor home/grid usage and if so 2) was it configured properly. Either way it is probably best to contact you installer.

why would my annual solar output be different from my lifetime annual output? I attached to pics.

Attachments

• B98DDEC5-6AF9-4B24-8467-EAF7A82E739D.png
    B98DDEC5-6AF9-4B24-8467-EAF7A82E739D.png
    144.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 9E2A7E94-077D-4AB8-A87D-8597C2987FAF.png
    9E2A7E94-077D-4AB8-A87D-8597C2987FAF.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 38
I'm not sure why the difference there but i wouldnt' put any trust in tesla's app calculations to be honest. Whatever factors that were used in their calculations is anyone's guess. I think at the end of the day is that your utility provider's calculations is what's important because that's what you'd be paying. You can't use tesla's app and argue against the ultility, right?

I'm not sure why the difference there but i wouldnt' put any trust in tesla's app calculations to be honest. Whatever factors that were used in their calculations is anyone's guess. I think at the end of the day is that your utility provider's calculations is what's important because that's what you'd be paying. You can't use tesla's app and argue against the ultility, right?
Yah I agree with what your saying. I’m just concerned about the production guarantee over the lifetime of the panels when and if they have any defects.

Reactions: Vuski's ride
Update: 27Jan23...finally got someone from Cust. Support to respond to my issues. Called, emailed, texted, did the request for help on the app, and someone decided to email me back. Now they escalated to Tier 2 support and will have a tech to come out and inspect/repair my system on 14Feb23. Crossing fingers.

Reactions: BGbreeder
Update: 27Jan23...finally got someone from Cust. Support to respond to my issues. Called, emailed, texted, did the request for help on the app, and someone decided to email me back. Now they escalated to Tier 2 support and will have a tech to come out and inspect/repair my system on 14Feb23. Crossing fingers.
Any update on your solution? Got PTO a couple of days ago but see a similar issue to the one you describe.