Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App not working days after delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sbtz

Jan 18, 2016
CA
I took delivery of my Model S last Friday, and my Tesla App still isn't working (shows "No Vehicles Linked to This My Tesla Account"). After calling my Service ("call your DS"), DS ("call tech support"), and finally Tech Support ("wait a few days") - I'm starting to wonder who can actually get this to work? Each call to Tech Support has been them telling me to wait another day. The car still shows as "production complete" on the MyTesla site.

Does anyone know who I can turn to in order to get the app working? I wonder if something is hung up because it was a demo/inventory car?

I took delivery of my Model S last Friday, and my Tesla App still isn't working (shows "No Vehicles Linked to This My Tesla Account"). After calling my Service ("call your DS"), DS ("call tech support"), and finally Tech Support ("wait a few days") - I'm starting to wonder who can actually get this to work? Each call to Tech Support has been them telling me to wait another day. The car still shows as "production complete" on the MyTesla site.

Does anyone know who I can turn to in order to get the app working? I wonder if something is hung up because it was a demo/inventory car?
It took two weeks for mine to get set up. It's just the way it is and not really that long to wait. Once you get the app you will love it...most of the time ;)

Congrats on the new MS!

Strange. Mine started working a few hours after I took delivery.

There just seem to be so many inconsistencies with how they deliver - really, the whole sales/delivery process seems to be kind of made up as it goes. I mean, I get it for a tech company, but not for a company selling $100k+ cars (or $66k cars, for that matter). Even aside from my sub-par delivery experience, I've gotten a different answer every time I've talked to someone about this app issue. Just bizarre.

There just seem to be so many inconsistencies with how they deliver - really, the whole sales/delivery process seems to be kind of made up as it goes. I mean, I get it for a tech company, but not for a company selling $100k+ cars (or $66k cars, for that matter). Even aside from my sub-par delivery experience, I've gotten a different answer every time I've talked to someone about this app issue. Just bizarre.
I agree. They often don't have a consistent communication message.

Strange. Mine started working a few hours after I took delivery.

Same here. Delivery about 11AM on a Friday and checked around 3PM and it was on. Anything more than a day during the week, maybe 2, I would consider excessive. Cell phone numbers are ported in minutes. Can't be all that hard to update some big old computer database... :confused:

Must have been lucky. Picked the car up at 2PM this afternoon. And by the evening the app picked up our new S 100D.

I did call the Tesla assistance number to ask about how long it takes - and was told 24-48 hours, and it was working within a couple hours after that.

Reactions: mkq786
Must have been lucky. Picked the car up at 2PM this afternoon. And by the evening the app picked up our new S 100D.

I did call the Tesla assistance number to ask about how long it takes - and was told 24-48 hours, and it was working within a couple hours after that.

Lucky you. I am still waiting.

They told me to delete app and reinstall but still the same :-(