Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App on Android slower than iOS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's ok stil, but it might be a lie. When you bring up the app, it has the previous information from the last time, cached. So it appears as if it loads faster, but my guess (and rough observation) is that it takes just as long to refresh as the Tesla Android app takes to quit, reload, connect. Certainly a different take on the interface, but it would be nice for a little more documentation which I'm sure it out there, but I haven't sought out yet.

Basically, because this is 3rd party, I would expect it to do everything Visible Tesla does. Which would mean changing amps, full sunroof position, individual day charging schedule/HVAC precondition, etc. But maybe those things will come soon enough. Not ready to say I wasted $10, I do like the app, and it's functional.

It is functional. As supra said, the data does appear to be cached, but I'm able to turn on the A/C much faster than with the Tesla app. Energi has crashed on me several times in the last few days (I sent reports each time) and the interface is not intuitive to me. For example, I had to try the open/close roof a few times to try to figure out what each symbol represents. I'm still not confident that I won't leave the window open as there isn't a clear way to tell the current status. Still, I'm happy to have supported a developer who is actually working on it! (as opposed to Tesla?)

• Helpful
Reactions: supratachophobia