Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app showing incorrect information when charging from grid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's unfortunate but clearly the script that support has is very basic. The users here could write a much better script that would get the question to the right people a lot faster. I had a running list of issues from my initial install. I ended up fixing the majority myself and learned a lot about the system in the process.

Reactions: BGbreeder
It's unfortunate but clearly the script that support has is very basic. The users here could write a much better script that would get the question to the right people a lot faster. I had a running list of issues from my initial install. I ended up fixing the majority myself and learned a lot about the system in the process.
Same here; I learned a lot fixing things, when Tier 1 and Tier 2 weren't able to solve the issues.

Would I have preferred that they knew what they were doing? Yes.
Was it a huge problem? No.
Did I spend more than a few hours on it? Yes.
Was the opportunity cost of my time worth it? Your call. For me it was worth it to get my system running.
Did it cost Tesla a fair amount through their inability to diagnose the problem? I think the phrase is "Oh yeah, baby!"
Does it annoy me at a personal level to see poorly run organizations? "Oh yeah, baby!" I hate to see unnecessary waste.

YMMV...

All the best,

BG

I had some issues once too. Got no where with support. I still had the contact info for my project's PM and texted him some images after talking to him about the problem. He was able to get right to engineering that came up with a fix. Had I not had such a great PM, I would have been creating a thread like this too.

• Informative
Reactions: BGbreeder