Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App upgrade needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla needs to add to their app the ability to switch "drivers" ..

That way i would not have to contort myself to get in the car after my wife has driven it to change it to my driver profile settings with the seat far enough back that I can get in without breaking a knee cap...

Someone make it so!!!

thanks

Reactions: MacGreiner
I thought this was a 3 question at first... for the S and X, they still want you to depend on the fob for driver identification. Be nice if everything was in the app, but I don't even know if that's an API function in the S/X, meaning it can't even be programmed yet for an app.

If I can change the air conditioning controls i cannot see why this could not manipulate the drop down menu and allow me to select my name and driver profile as opposed to my wife's
Because, as I tried to say, it may not exist as a possibility. Sure, Tesla could program it that way, but right now only certain functions are available for apps to use. HVAC remote controls are there, because you want to control the temperature of the car remotely. In the past people haven't wanted to change the driver profile of the car 'remotely' because that's what the fob was for. Going forward, that might change.

If this is a thing a lot of people want to do (because they don't want to assign a fob to each driver, let's say), then Tesla might add it to the list of things that CAN be done remotely and then it could be added to the Tesla app and others.

The first thing for you to do is to suggest it to them via the MyTesla page contact form.

That way i would not have to contort myself to get in the car after my wife has driven it to change it to my driver profile settings with the seat far enough back that I can get in without breaking a knee cap...

Someone make it so!!!

thanks

Does your wife use easy entry? Because when my wife gets out of the car it pushes the seat all the way back, so I don't have to worry about dealing with her specific settings. :cool:

I have two cars that show up on my App. My Model S, and my Model 3. The Model 3 lives in a different state, is owned by a friend, but not by me, but shows up on my App. I know when my friend charges his car, I think I can turn on his A/C and perhaps even Summon it from two states away. The scary part is that he can might be able to control mine too.
What I need/want to do is cleave all the account information of the Model 3 into his account and cleanly separate it from my account. I find I can turn off "notifications" - but that is a far cry from removing access.
Can this be done from the App? [cant seem to find it]. Cant seem to find a way to fully remove Model 3 from my big Tesla account.
Any one know how I "divorce" my brother- in-law?

No cannot be done in the App. This can be done by "selling" the car to him and transferring the ownership to an account he sets up. CS should be able to do that for you.
Thanks. From the beginning of the Model 3 acquisition - I have been trying to make this a separate purchase. I was willing to let the camels nose under the tent, but now I want it out. He has his own account, but there are a lot of remaining fragments in mine. CS has so far been very unresponsive to email, phone call from my buddy (who named his car Electra). So now I'm trying to stir. I hope is is simply a matter of overwhelm.

Someone make it so!!!

thanks
Configure your wife’s profile to use “easy access”.
Then whatever you do, don’t forget to select your profile before clicking in your seatbelt :)