Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla begins beta testing new autopilot update with improved neural net

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

diplomat33

Average guy who loves autonomous vehicles
Aug 3, 2017
USA
According to Electrek the new autopilot update will offer some nice improvements to EAP including:
- Autopilot 2.0 to detect and render on the instrument cluster vehicles driving in lanes adjacent to the lane in which the Tesla vehicle is driving
- Using the more advanced neural net to control the computer vision. According to Electrek, "drivers are seeing a significant improvement in lane detection, a reduction of “ping-ponging” within a lane, and a generally better experience when auto steer is activated".

Tesla starts beta-testing new Autopilot update with new feature and more advanced neural net...

I would venture a guess that the more advanced neural net might be the same one that FSD is based on. If I am right, this new update could be a big step towards the release of FSD. Depending on how good it is, I wonder if Tesla would get rid of the "hold steering wheel" warning and go true hands free for highway driving?

In any case, I suspect that EAP is about to get really good!