Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Being Bureaucratic is Not Becoming!

Has Tesla Become Too Bureaucratic?

• Yes

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 81.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A dealer is not constrained by this policy, only owners wishing to sell private party are hampered by this policy. Dealer's can issue a temporary registration which Tesla will accept. Shouldn't owners wishing to sell private party be accorded a similar courtesy?

That's a question for the California legislature. Dealers can issue a temporary registration on behalf of the state because the state allows them to. Courtesy has nothing to do with it, as there is no legal basis for a private party seller to issue a temporary registration.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with Tesla requiring a registration (temporary or otherwise) before removing that vehicle from one person's account and adding it to another. I agree that it's an inconvenience, but it isn't a heck of a lot more than that. You can't use the app, but believe me that the app isn't all that wonderful. It's not as if you cannot drive and enjoy the car.