Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Body Repair - Chicago Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go to Tesla/support on the website and put in your location. It will tell you the Tesla approved sites in your area. Just went through it in my area and it worked well. Remember Tesla will not sell parts to non approved shops. I got parts shipped to Florida in about a week. Tesla even copied me with the shipping info so I could track them. Never had service this good from any other company.

Sadly my Model S was just hit in an accident last night! :-/
Does anyone have recommendations for Tesla body and maintenance repair shops in the Chicago suburbs area?
One of only two Tesla owned repair shops is in Chicago. It is an amazing place with all the body panels from all the cars in stock and top body people. It is a factory sized building located near O'Hare. They will take your car in according to their schedule, keep you advised of the progress and get the car back to you as promised and as good as new.

In my case, I had two estimates given to me. One directly from the Tesla collision repair center in Elk Grove, and one from Gerber. Turns out they were almost the same price.

The customer service at the Elk Grove center is the best I've had from any company, shop or store, that I've ever been to in my 34 years of life. It took a while to get in, but knowing it's done by Tesla themselves made it worth it.

Their bays are full of Tesla's but despite that, they give you their full attention anytime you need to speak to someone. They make you feel like you're the only one getting their car repaired. Updates twice a week (minimum) are appreciated.

I am picking mine up today and got a message from Charles (awesome dude) to plan on late afternoon because on final inspection he decided he wasnt thrilled abour a part of the paint (on one of the million pieces of my car ) met their high standards...and he was having it redone.

Anyways ill quit rambling, but I can't say enough about that place. Awesome team they have. Also, if anyone from Tesla comes across this, give these employees a raise...you absolutely DO NOT want to lose any one of them.

PS: my eta for the repair work was 6-8 weeks at Gerber, 4 weeks at Tesla, and Tesla finished it a week ahead of schedule :D

In my case, I had two estimates given to me. One directly from the Tesla collision repair center in Elk Grove, and one from Gerber. Turns out they were almost the same price.

The customer service at the Elk Grove center is the best I've had from any company, shop or store, that I've ever been to in my 34 years of life. It took a while to get in, but knowing it's done by Tesla themselves made it worth it.

Their bays are full of Tesla's but despite that, they give you their full attention anytime you need to speak to someone. They make you feel like you're the only one getting their car repaired. Updates twice a week (minimum) are appreciated.

I am picking mine up today and got a message from Charles (awesome dude) to plan on late afternoon because on final inspection he decided he wasnt thrilled abour a part of the paint (on one of the million pieces of my car ) met their high standards...and he was having it redone.

Anyways ill quit rambling, but I can't say enough about that place. Awesome team they have. Also, if anyone from Tesla comes across this, give these employees a raise...you absolutely DO NOT want to lose any one of them.

PS: my eta for the repair work was 6-8 weeks at Gerber, 4 weeks at Tesla, and Tesla finished it a week ahead of schedule :D

Do you have any contact info for the Elk Grove site? I was given an email address of [email protected] to request an appointment but haven't heard back from them in about a week. Calls to the Schamburg SC just go to voicemail.