Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla camera recordings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I've had my USB in the drive for several weeks now. It seems to be functioning well with the red light on while I drive. I've hit the button only once while driving to "save" a video as I was right in front of a big-rig that had a tire blow out. Thought it would be interesting to see it happen. The other time I hit "save" was today when I had 1 incident noted while in Sentry mode. I took the drive out and plugged into my computer. There are 2 folders (1) recent clips and (2) saved clips. I can't find the ones I actually want to look at? There are tons and tons of clips including most of them while the car is in my garage. Why does it record if I don't have it on Sentry in garage and the car is off? I'm so confused and wish there was better explanations with the fancy things this car can do. If there are any good resources or links to explain the proper set up and retrieval of videos... please share.

Dashcam continues to record after you park until the car goes to sleep. So unless you manually stop recording when you park you will never see anything but videos of the car sitting in your garage.

Dashcam is still very rough software. I find it almost completely useless.

Reactions: KerryOH