Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Can't Fix This Model Y: Cars Being Delivered With Many Issues...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They aren’t nitpicked, I came from a 2008 Honda Fit that didn’t have rattles or squeaks like this. However I can see those small issues not being the biggest deal. The front trunk bug is a really big issue that distracts from driving and prevents autopilot from even functioning

Youtubers need attentions-moreover, Tesla issues are nit picked.
dealers have lots of time b/c the cars will be sitting on the lots for a long time but people want Tesla now, now, now-like me!

Reactions: IdaBish
I agree that they need to improve on this. I’m hoping that my experience is the extreme, and that higher VIN’s have improvements. I also hope that after this next appointment, I can just enjoy the car, because I LOVE IT! The core functionality of the car is really incredible. Such a fun car to drive.

New Video posted by Ryan....

This makes me sad. I just ordered in a week ago, so I'm hoping things improve for the all of us. They better get their act together!

Reactions: IdaBish
Didn't watch this but as someone who took delivery 6 days ago, I love it! Just a few minor issues, which I expect is the norm. Do others have more problems? Of course, but as is human nature, people are much more inclined to complain than to give praise. If you're worried sure wait a year and quality will be better odds are. But is it as bad in general as some posts may lead you to believe? Not a chance. I had a M3 before this and found only one fender liner clip dislodged, fixed in a second. YMMV - I recommend temper your expectations and take the plunge. I bet you have a huge smile on your face once you get it... :)
I agree with this, especially on a forum. People don’t really have the need to post “hey my car is awesome!” Much more than at first, but then when issues arise, they of course want to post and ask about it. So the majority of posts are forums will be about issues. In the case of my video, the last couple have been somewhat negative since the paint wasn’t great, and I’ve been having a lot of issues, but as I mention in that video, and my full review video, I still absolutely love the car. I’m just trying to give the full perspective because tesla hasn’t been able to fix my issues yet (although I feel confident that they will be able to this time), and I’d hate for someone to buy what they expect to be something perfect, and they have all of these same issues.

I agree with this, especially on a forum. People don’t really have the need to post “hey my car is awesome!” Much more than at first, but then when issues arise, they of course want to post and ask about it. So the majority of posts are forums will be about issues. In the case of my video, the last couple have been somewhat negative since the paint wasn’t great, and I’ve been having a lot of issues, but as I mention in that video, and my full review video, I still absolutely love the car. I’m just trying to give the full perspective because tesla hasn’t been able to fix my issues yet (although I feel confident that they will be able to this time), and I’d hate for someone to buy what they expect to be something perfect, and they have all of these same issues.

Hey Ryan...Thanks for your great videos! Quick question on your model Y...Do you hear front motor noise (high pitch) when cruising (light pressure on accelerator)? I do on mine, especially when going 35-45mph...I also hear an intermittent pulsing / oscillating sound from the front motor. Really annoying. Sounds like someone is blowing through a whistle. Just curious if you've experienced the same thing.

Hey Ryan...Thanks for your great videos! Quick question on your model Y...Do you hear front motor noise (high pitch) when cruising (light pressure on accelerator)? I do on mine, especially when going 35-45mph...I also hear an intermittent pulsing / oscillating sound from the front motor. Really annoying. Sounds like someone is blowing through a whistle. Just curious if you've experienced the same thing.
Hey, I don’t have any motor noise past the normal motor wind up sound. If it sounds like a whistle, that seems like it is probably abnormal? Especially a pulsing.

Hey, I don’t have any motor noise past the normal motor wind up sound. If it sounds like a whistle, that seems like it is probably abnormal? Especially a pulsing.

Thanks for the feedback. Here's a clip of the sound I'm talking about. Sounds abnormal, right? Please turn volume all the way up...you can hear the almost constant whine and occasional pulsing / beeping.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bkU1SEJwPGdPh4Np8

I agree that they need to improve on this. I’m hoping that my experience is the extreme, and that higher VIN’s have improvements. I also hope that after this next appointment, I can just enjoy the car, because I LOVE IT! The core functionality of the car is really incredible. Such a fun car to drive.

Sounds like you bought the "beta" car

I heard all of the White MYs are coming off the assembly line perfect...:D

Last edited: