Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla CCS Combo 1 Adapter - Comparison of Just a Few Possible Storage Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a $17 case that I saw on a YouTube review of the Tesla CCS adapter. He described the case as a “perfect fit” for holding both the CCS and J1772 adapters.

You can see it at around the 1-minute mark in the video:

The case is on Amazon at:

So far I have neither the case or the CCS adapter myself but I’m hoping that will change within the next week or so.
This also seems like a great solution for storing all my disparate RFID cars for all the different charging networks. Just a nice little place to store all my third party charging stuff.

Reactions: tps5352 and Jeff N
I sent a note to Harumio to see if they were planning to offer that custom case separately and this was their response:

"We deeply apologise that the adaptor case is not available to purchase at the moment."

at the moment? seems they may be considering making one available in the future.

Harumio is offering its new custom case here, and significantly discounted in price in combination with the CCS1 adapter over here. As zikronix mentioned, it is noticeably larger in order to hold both the CCS1 and J1772 adapters.
While my case is smaller, I like the idea of having the Harumio one. To me worth the additional price for a combined adapter kit in my Frunk. I have other uses for the smaller case anyway.

They only have one left. Thanks tps5352 for the link.

The new (second) Harumio adapter case (the big one that holds both J1772 and CCS1 adapters) was out of stock for awhile. But FYI it is once again available. And it is again significantly discounted in combination with the CCS1 adapter here. I have not tried this new case yet, so this is not a recommendation. [Disclaimer: I am not receiving any compensation of any kind from Harumio or its staff.)

After weighing the options, I ordered one this week, also. When they first got the new, bigger case (Tuesday, 5/24/22, or earlier) they had 45 available for purchase (according to this website page). Perhaps there is additional stock for case-and-adapter combos? Regardless, today (05/27/22) they have 32.

Since these cases are not coming from Tesla, there should be no shipping delay. According to their web page, I should expect to receive the case in from 4 to 10 days. This is my third order. So far these folks are totally reliable. Be patient.

After weighing the options, I ordered one this week, also. When they first got the new, bigger case (Tuesday, 5/24/22, or earlier) they had 45 available for purchase (according to this website page). Perhaps there is additional stock for case-and-adapter combos? Regardless, today (05/27/22) they have 32.

Since these cases are not coming from Tesla, there should be no shipping delay. According to their web page, I should expect to receive the case in from 4 to 10 days. This is my third order. So far these folks are totally reliable. Be patient.

Followup: Oops! It was pointed out on another Thread that the new case is a pre-order. Harumio is still waiting to receive them. They are going to receive at least 45 cases--at least 15 are currently spoken for (so 30 left for purchase). They will start shipping in early June, at which time we should then see shipments taking from 4-10 days. If people have ordered the adapter and case, then I believe that total shipment will be delayed until the cases arrive in June, also.

Sorry, I missed that information on the Harumio website page. So we are not waiting for Harumio to receive a product from Tesla. Ironically we are instead waiting for Harumio to receive this new product from its different manufacturer. (Take your choice:😒 :rolleyes:.)

Last edited:
Seems Harumio does not stock these cases. I got an answer to my inquiry:

Thank you for your email.

Upon checking your order *****, we have already placed your order with the supplier and we are now waiting for it to be delivered to our warehouse.

We will ship your order as soon as we receive them.

Hope that clarifies.

Sorry for the wait, and we thank you for your kind patience.

Sincerely,

Harumio

Followup: Oops! It was pointed out on another Thread that the new case is a pre-order. Harumio is still waiting to receive them. They are going to receive at least 45 cases--at least 15 are currently spoken for (so 30 left for purchase). They will start shipping in early June, at which time we should then see shipments taking from 4-10 days. If people have ordered the adapter and case, then I believe that total shipment will be delayed until the cases arrive in June, also.

Sorry, I missed that information on the Harumio website page. So we are not waiting for Harumio to receive a product from Tesla. Ironically we are instead waiting for Harumio to receive this new product from its different manufacturer. (Take your choice:😒 :rolleyes:.)
Interesting! When I placed the order it said nothing about a preorder. It only said 2 in stock. After I ordered and paid it said 1 in stock. Now the catalog page has info that is quite different. My order must have been bumped.

I don't think that's 100% accurate. I ordered one (w/o the adapter) on 5/20 and I have a FedEx tracking number. It hasn't arrived yet, but I'm pretty confident they didn't ship me an empty box. :p

Interesting! When I placed the order it said nothing about a preorder. It only said 2 in stock. After I ordered and paid it said 1 in stock. Now the catalog page has info that is quite different. My order must have been bumped.

On either Sunday or Monday (not sure which day) Harumio was sold out of the new case (to buy either separately or with an adapter). I requested being alerted by email when they received more. Then I happened to check again and I mistakenly thought they had them back in stock. So I ordered on Tuesday (5/24/22). But I had not seen the language that they were available only for pre-order. Now that I know what is going on, I do not expect to receive a notification of shipment until next week at the earliest.

In (20/20) hindsight, people who ordered at the end of last week apparently lucked out and should receive one of the the cases that I guess were still in stock at that time.

So needless to say things are changing rapidly (as has been the case since when, April?). In my opinion Harumio is being nimble and trying to sell us what we want/need (all the while making money, of course). Unfortunately, a new supply of cases is apparently not available for shipping quite yet--another week or so, I take it. My guess is that people at Harumio and at the manufacturing company are working hard to get us the new cases.

Last edited: