Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla CCS Combo 1 Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what it will take to work with and S85D? There are some vague words about compatibility with older S and X vehicles to require some sort of change- I would like to have one of these as insurance to either a full or down supercharger. - neither has been a problem in our over 8 years of ownership, but I like to be prepared :)

Anyone know what it will take to work with and S85D? There are some vague words about compatibility with older S and X vehicles to require some sort of change- I would like to have one of these as insurance to either a full or down supercharger. - neither has been a problem in our over 8 years of ownership, but I like to be prepared :)
If the website allows you to order it for your vehicle, then your vehicle supports it. The website appears to be using what your vehicle reports to allow you to order it. An upgrade kit will be available in 2023 for older vehicles. You can also check for CCS companibility from the vehicle by looking at the software screen and clink on the 'additional vehicle information' link to get a popup that shows information including whether your car supports CCS.

If the website allows you to order it for your vehicle, then your vehicle supports it. The website appears to be using what your vehicle reports to allow you to order it. An upgrade kit will be available in 2023 for older vehicles. You can also check for CCS companibility from the vehicle by looking at the software screen and clink on the 'additional vehicle information' link to get a popup that shows information including whether your car supports CCS.
thanks- indeed that is shown on the about screen - My newer car can use the CCS adapter, my older ones can't (yet)

Went to a supercharger yesterday. Plugged in. 57kwh. What? Looked at supercharger website. This site was rated for 150kwh. Wasn't even close to happening. Found another nearby site rated for 250kwh. Drove over and charged there. Went much faster.

The supercharger experience is hit and miss too.
You will never get the rated stall speed unless pack is warm and you have a low SoC.

I have had slower than expected NACS charge speed, maybe 5% of the time. Not nearly as bad as EA.

You will never get the rated stall speed unless pack is warm and you have a low SoC.

I have had slower than expected NACS charge speed, maybe 5% of the time. Not nearly as bad as EA.
I was at 4% with a heated pack, and I got 56kw at a 150kw rated station. Then I moved to the other station and got 200+ kw for a bit... by the time I hit about 33% of battery, it was down to 133kw.