Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Changes Service Requirements - 3rd and 4th Year No Longer Needed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may be USA only at the moment, no sign of a similar change on the UK pages yet, but that may just be that they haven't got around to it yet...
I'm not seeing it either in Switzerland, but the Maintenance Plan buy button disappeared from my account.

I'm just 700 Km shy of my first service and had been trying to figure out if it would be a good idea to just pay annually instead of getting the plan. And just when I was ready to finally get it and make my appointment, I can no longer buy it.

I'm not seeing it either in Switzerland, but the Maintenance Plan buy button disappeared from my account.

I'm just 700 Km shy of my first service and had been trying to figure out if it would be a good idea to just pay annually instead of getting the plan. And just when I was ready to finally get it and make my appointment, I can no longer buy it.

The button has gone for me as well and where there are any text links left they simply loop to the page you are already on.

The manual link in the documents section shows yesterdays date but the actual manual it links to is still the old one from December...

Looks like the web updates are still very much a work in progress...

• Helpful
Reactions: arubinst
The button has gone for me as well and where there are any text links left they simply loop to the page you are already on.

The manual link in the documents section shows yesterdays date but the actual manual it links to is still the old one from December...

Looks like the web updates are still very much a work in progress...

Basically all aspects of the whole company are perpetually in beta mode.

Do we have the new price schedule of what is needed for service?

There is no 'service' as such, but there is a list of the things that they recommend doing at various intervals like air filter, HEPA filter, A/C desiccant etc. You should be able to get the prices for those from your local Service Center, but I've not seen them published online.

The intervals vary depending on which model you have, for me with an 'S' the only annual item was the brake caliper lube (recommended in areas where salt is frequently used in winter). The rest were either 2 or 3 year intervals from memory.

Last edited:
I have the extended warranty on the Model S (8 years/100K mikes) and the plan specifically states that annual service must be performed to maintain the extended warranty (years 5-8). Has this requirement changed?

I have the extended warranty on the Model S (8 years/100K mikes) and the plan specifically states that annual service must be performed to maintain the extended warranty (years 5-8). Has this requirement changed?

From the FAQ:

If I choose not to service my Tesla car, will this void my warranty?
Your New Vehicle Limited Warranty or Used Vehicle Limited Warranty will not be affected if recommended service is not performed. However, coverage under your Extended Service Agreement may be affected if the recommended service is not performed. See the Tesla Extended Service Plan Terms and Conditions for further details.

So unless you get a legal document changing the terms of your agreement, it is still required.

There used to be a price listing for the "packages" but not anymore:

Car Maintenance You only pay for what you need.

Do we have the new price schedule of what is needed for service?

There is no 'service' as such, but there is a list of the things that they recommend doing at various intervals like air filter, HEPA filter, A/C desiccant etc. You should be able to get the prices for those from your local Service Center, but I've not seen them published online.

The intervals vary depending on which model you have, for me with an 'S' the only annual item was the brake caliper lube (recommended in areas where salt is frequently used in winter). The rest were either 2 or 3 year intervals from memory.

Here is the new price list from my local service center... :cool:

upload_2019-4-6_16-5-32.png

Hi all, thanks for all the info. Great thread. In your opinion, for those who have the Extended Service Agreement and have the "Clean and lubricate brake calipers" procedure done for the 175$ rate and the caliper(s) is(are) jammed, would it be replaced under the ESA without extra charge but the deductible?