Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Charging Scam Donnington Manor Hotel Sevenoaks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DO NOT CHARGE YOUR CAR AT THIS SITE. I entered the car park and immediately parked up to use one of the superchargers for 30 minutes. I have just received a £100 fine for entering the car park without buying a ticket. No obvious signage when entering the car park, and who the hell pays a parking fee to charge their TESLA. AVOID AVOID AVOID these people are money generating scammers. They will not be getting a penny for the fine!

According to this post there is signage:

I charged at Sevenoaks today and the hotel car park has new cameras installed and signs stating registration needed for hotel guests and restaurant customers otherwise parking charges apply. Advised in the hotel that the cameras are not working yet but not clear whether registering in the hotel will be possible to avoid the charge once functioning.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
What a bad way to start my Tesla experience. Three parking fines for charging my new car at Donnington Manor Hotel in Sevenoaks. No clearly visible signs about parking. No news on the Tesla website about parking fees when charging. Extremely disappointing that Tesla puts you in this position and I’m thoroughly pi$$ed off.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
@TYUK I appealed the ticket but also emailed the hotel and gave them a piece of my mind. They cancelled by PCN and apologised but made no suggestion that they would change this ridiculous arrangement. Suggest you contact them and they should cancel all 3 tickets.

Same here, charged here in July, received a parkingfine now 5 months later. Tesla has to step in on this scam.
I wasn't aware of this parkingpolicy and shouldn't have. If they were there at all, the signs obviously weren't clear enough.

Does anyone have an update on the Sevenoaks SC? There were reports in the past regrading PCN and fines. I am planning to do a quick stop here, wondering whether anyone knows whether we have to register at the hotel or is it free to park for charging? Any info is much appreciated or have to skip this and use the dartford one or the Bluewater one.

DO NOT CHARGE YOUR CAR AT THIS SITE. I entered the car park and immediately parked up to use one of the superchargers for 30 minutes. I have just received a £100 fine for entering the car park without buying a ticket. No obvious signage when entering the car park, and who the hell pays a parking fee to charge their TESLA. AVOID AVOID AVOID these people are money generating scammers. They will not be getting a penny for the fine!
I’ve asked the same question in France...without getting a definitive answer...here most parking lots have chargers...the ones where you have to pay to enter are obvious...but the others where you pay after entering are not clear as to whether or not you have to pay parking to charge. I guess if you stay with your vehicle it’s obvious that you only charging (and it’s easier to avoid getting fined)...but if you leave your vehicle then I guess it can be argued that you are charging AND parking. But a sign would be helpful

Reactions: Snerruc