Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warrington Supercharger parking charges

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it makes no sense to have SC at the hotel. Unless you fancy to plug you car, check in and then move your car 25 minutes later.
er than 1 SC at 150kw

Must admit I've found a Supercharger at a hotel really handy...park up, start charging, check in, unpack, then it's time to nip out and move the car. But, fairly sure there were other cars coming and going just to charge without having to go and register at reception, which is the difference here.

The Hotel is close to a M6 junction and car sharers were leaving their cars in the hotel car park. Not any more.

Must admit many years ago I did car share to work for a while and a car was stashed in this very car park, so can understand why they would want to prevent it.

So what's the solution ? It's clearly not great to be routed to a charger where you could get stiffed with a fine if you miss a tiny sign. Maybe :-
  • the car needs an option to route by unrestricted chargers only
  • the on-screen info needs to alert you - would be a bit concerned about the safety aspect of reading this whilst you're driving up the M6 though
  • the hotel could give you an hour's grace - would cover most charges and would deter anyone mis-using the car park for any length of time, is this too much to ask ?

the on-screen info needs to alert you

That info should be in the information about a site - just click on it when you arrive to find if there are any restrictions.

That said this info is not available on the Web Supercharger map (for 3 sites with restrictions that I checked) ... so I'm not sure if it is on dashboard SatNav ... but I have seen it in SatNav for sites in the past.

If tesla were clever the car could auto-register with the site the moment you plugged in... but simplest would be the hotel having an hours grace period.

I tend to go to burtonwood if I'm up that way because warrington is a small SC around the back of the hotel & less likely to be available.

If tesla were clever the car could auto-register with the site the moment you plugged in... but simplest would be the hotel having an hours grace period.

I tend to go to burtonwood if I'm up that way because warrington is a small SC around the back of the hotel & less likely to be available.

I wouldn't have gone there at all but I was running on fumes.

A heads up to anyone who uses the supercharger at Warrington Park Royal Hotel
They’ve put a new ANPR system in place and you’ll now need to register your car at the hotel otherwise you’ll be hit with a parking fine.
Signage is there but not especially obvious (quelle surprise!)
This information has not yet made it to the on-board Supercharger details.
Thank you and the other responders. I have just completed ABRP simulation for a May road trip which has me charging at Warrington at about 17:30 on the way to L'pool.

So, not a pretty sight I'm thinking😱.
Maybe back to the drawing board🤔

Thank you and the other responders. I have just completed ABRP simulation for a May road trip which has me charging at Warrington at about 17:30 on the way to L'pool.

So, not a pretty sight I'm thinking😱.
Maybe back to the drawing board🤔
Yep. Only supercharger I’ve given up on. Teslas were queued out the car park - it was 5pm on a Friday a few days after Xmas though. Came back the next morning at 8am which was only a short drive and got awful charge rate.

Last edited:
Is there any way you can pedal/push/roll to get to Burtonwood ? It's on the M62, north of Warrington rather than South, but on the route into Liverpool (unless you're coming from Chester or North Wales).

Reactions: Wattsisname