Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Christmas Wish List

Tesla M3 Christmas List

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wishes:
- That the car doenst 'sleep' the instant you close the driver door when your kids are in the back and before you open their door
- That the AC stays off if you are just trying to get to the seat heater section for the rear seats (maybe hold down the seat heater icon to get to the all seat menu)
- Multiple route options (like Google Maps does) when you plan a route

Reactions: Runebane
I must be old, I have no clue what that last option is. Is that like a hotspot?

I would like an option that child locks disengage when the car is in Park.

The last option is pretty technical, Basically what it is in a nutshell the Tesla browser for lack of more explanation will not allow you to access any of the non routable private IP ranges. These would be like your home router 192.168, others are 10.0.0.0 and 172.16.0.0. Basically what this means is that if you have your car connected say to your home wifi router and you have web based apps or sites on your home network that the Tesla browser can't access them.

But I think I should have put the hotspot on the list and I like your other idea.

So found a couple more things this am on my commute in.

1) wish there was a way to set a sensitivity for the auto wipers. Maybe like a range of 1 - 10 or something. I guess the next update is supposed to help but I haven't gotten it yet so we will see.
2) wish I could use classic old cruise control if my sensors are covered in snow, ice or just road grime. On two occasions now on my way in or back from work I've had auto pilot disengage because of the sensors getting covered. Roads where wet but cruise would have been fine.

Reactions: MMBTUS
I'm confused the mirrors unfold when you unlock the car, are you suggesting an option to wait until you're driving 25-30mph before they unfold?
I manually fold the mirrors when parking in the garage. They auto-unfold while I'm driving at speeds over 30 mph, not when I unlock the car. I'm on software 42.4 or so. I wouldn't want them to unfold until I'm out of the garage!

I manually fold the mirrors when parking in the garage. They auto-unfold while I'm driving at speeds over 30 mph, not when I unlock the car. I'm on software 42.4 or so. I wouldn't want them to unfold until I'm out of the garage!

Thanks for this info. I also fold my mirrors to get into a tight garage and hate hitting the menu to unfold which blocks the rear camera as i exit back down a longish driveway. Now I will ignore unfolding them and just let them auto unfold at 30mph...

I didn't know you could tell the mirrors to fold after they unfolded. I'll have to check my mirror settings as it would be handy to fold my mirrors in before I enter or exit my garage.
They do not auto-fold (yet). If you open the car icon for driver settings, you can manually fold the mirrors. They will auto-unfold when you are driving over 30 mph. A little late for me, driving at 25 as posted in the neighborhood.

Another Wish list, may be reasons why they couldn't do this and they effeminately cant do it through software but maybe fore 2019 cars.
I think it would be cool if the glass roof would auto tint in the daylight and then clear in the night. maybe something like Transition Glasses.

I would like to simply set the driver profile from the mobile app.

Also would be great to see more stats while charging like kW, km per hour charge rate, % battery. Right now the data is tied to the profile and the display setting to use energy or distance.

PS - Of course having charging end at a certain time would be awesome in the winter!

Reactions: Dmagyar and cdeleo
"Tesla app multiple charging times/points ie charge to 70% then at 7:00am charge another 10%"

I'm doing this now with Teslafi's beta scheduler. I have it set the charge limit to 80% and start charging after I get home each night, then an hour before I go to work I have it set the charge limit to 90% and turn on climate control. It's been nice as it prevents having to constantly change the charge start time in the car to ensure I get back to the battery level I want each day and also have a warm battery and car when I start driving.

"Tesla app multiple charging times/points ie charge to 70% then at 7:00am charge another 10%"

I'm doing this now with Teslafi's beta scheduler. I have it set the charge limit to 80% and start charging after I get home each night, then an hour before I go to work I have it set the charge limit to 90% and turn on climate control. It's been nice in the winter to ensure the battery and car are both warmed up, especially since my car is parked outside and keeps me from having to constantly change the charge start time in the car to ensure I get back to the battery level I want each day.

Thanks for the info, I also think at least for Android that there are other apps that can do this too. I've even seen a Tasker plugin app but I have not tried any of these. I think the main thing that some people have reservations over is using their account credentials with 3rd parties.