TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Crash Australia

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by jakevanle, Jan 18, 2015.

1. jakevanle

jakevanle Member

Does Anyone have a photo of that Tesla that took out the showroom window at St. Leonard's?

Has there been an Australian crash?

Thought It would be interesting to see what the car looks like after a crash

Looks like i will be driving my car more carefully after seeing these pics

:)

image (1).jpg image.jpg ina.rIpchAys.jpg ku-bigpic.jpg maxresdefault.jpg model-s-crash.jpg original.jpg prius_tesla_toureg_crash-500x256.jpg Side-View.jpg tesla_sergey_brin_model_s_pink_batmobile.915i7yvd28sg4kkgwk0ok48gs.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg tesla-boom-0a.jpg tesla-fire.png Tesla-Model-S-crash-2.jpg tesla-roadster-crash.jpg tesla-roadster-crash-3653662600250229876.jpg zuvyxjkdw2jn3ne0k0pn.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Auzie

Auzie Tree Hugger Member

That pink Batmobile:love: does not belong here.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Ouch those photos hurt, especially the Roadsters.

The photo of the grey Model S crashed into red Tesla sign at the factory just blows my mind. I've been on that very spot. Took a photo of my wife standing next to that sign on the day we took delivery of our S. I don't understand how that Model S driver managed to get that car into that position. But I've seen photos of that crash from different angles, and somehow it did happen!

4. jakevanle

jakevanle Member

That pink Batmobile should be respectfully crashed :)

5. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

It was temporary - a birthday or some such for Google senior execs. Clearly, they have too much money!!!

6. moemoke

moemoke Member

Nice collection of bingles but like any car there will always be crashes, maybe the autopilot will fix that!
    only one death in the photos posted and that was the thief of the Tesla in the second photo, from reports ive
    read he hit a fence at about 160 k's, car broke in two with back half wedged between walls of nearby building
    front half on road, driver survived initial crash but died latter.
    the only other death was recently when car ran off road and down/over 400 foot cliff!

According to reports Telsa is the safest car on the road, low centre of gravity, no front engine/ gearbox getting pushed back into the passengers.

7. TesAus

TesAus Member

#7 TesAus, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    Large frameless glass window vs two tonne car, my money is on the car being relatively unscathed. I expect it would have been a low speed turning movement in to or out of the superchargers by someone not used to the car?

8. Auzie

Auzie Tree Hugger Member

Careful there, bad dreams come to those that utter bad words...

They are putting it to good use: Google nears major investment in Space X to bolster satellites