Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orange, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like construction has started!

1708845405976.png

The address is the Village Car Park on Summer St - location: 33°17'01.1"S 149°05'43.6"E

Would like to confirm other details - can anyone get past the paywall?

Last edited:
Would like to confirm other details - can anyone get past the paywall?
Foundations for at least six Tesla "Superchargers" have been laid at the Village car park off Summer Street.
The plugs will be compatible with all vehicle types, and capable of providing about 300 kilometres of range in 15 minutes.
Tesla Model 3 owner Granton Smith believes the installation will attract more people to Orange.
"I think it's fantastic to see," he told the Central Western Daily this week.
"It's gonna be great for all the businesses around there because people are going to stop there from far and wide when they're traveling through."
New ev chargers in Orange CBD. Pictures by William Davis

New ev chargers in Orange CBD. Pictures by William Davis
It's unclear when the chargers will open. Four of the six are now standing.
"There's a bit of a bit of a competition among local owners to be the first one to plug in and use it so we'll certainly be checking every day," Mr Smith said.
Granton Smith with his Tesla Model 3. File picture

Granton Smith with his Tesla Model 3. File picture
More than 300 electric cars are registered in the Orange LGA, according to government data.
"In Cabonne Shire it's in the dozens ... Orange is really leading the way," Mr Smith said.

More photos from keenonEV from Orange.
Interesting that there are three V4 units on the truck.. so maybe it might actually be seven ??

And comment that outage at substation is already planned.

V4 charges are packaged and transported in packs of 4. So the other two are extras that will be used elsewhere or just brought back to the installers depot to be reallocated. I know I guy who installs them.